spspirates 150 gallon build

hung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test kit finally arrived. Now I can tune my parameters in. Had my water checked at the LFS the other day and Ca dKH and Mg looked pretty good. dKH was a little on the low side at 6.5. Bumped it up last night so can't wait to see where Im at today. Phosphates were at 0.11ppm so like to see that at least drop to half. New system so I won't be so hard on my self.LOL

What kind of salt are you using?

hung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's low pretty low for RSCP. I think they are usually in the 12 DKH range, I was using them before but switch due to biopellets.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's low pretty low for RSCP. I think they are usually in the 12 DKH range, I was using them before but switch due to biopellets.

I see different readings from different people anywhere from dKH 7-9 and some people reading 12. My LFS filled the aquarium up with their water (Red Sea Coral Pro) with a specific gravity of what I read was 1.024-1.025. I recently bumped it up to 1.027 and at the moment raising my Mg. dKH and Ca are good for now.

Last edited:

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through this entire thread. Great looking custom Reef Savvy Tank, sump and nicely done cabinet stand. Let's see you rock the growth on those sps frags. Await the return of the sps pirate... arrrgh!

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through this entire thread. Great looking custom Reef Savvy Tank, sump and nicely done cabinet stand. Let's see you rock the growth on those sps frags. Await the return of the sps pirate... arrrgh!

Thank you!! Thanks for reading bro! Ha! A work in progress:)

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemon Splash Acro I got a couple weeks ago starting to base out, love it! Seems to be happy. Def a unique color, not green and more yellow than green and almost a hint of blue in the tips. Can't wait to see how it grows.

709a30d5-dbd7-4568-98e8-90e0695a0a89_zps93e761ef-2_zps8ee0632f.jpg

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 97 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back