OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my gosh, I am absolutely floored and humbled by all of your responses. The kindness, selflessness, empathy, wisdom, offers to help, and love felt here was so over the top and unexpected!

I teared up very little when I saw the carnage, and again when I removed the bodies last night and cleaned everything out. I almost lost it typing the story to you all, but I just can't help it now.

You're all so kind, God bless you all. Thanks so much for the support and love, I cannot begin to communicate how it makes me feel. Happiness in this rough time was very needed, thank you.

I don't really know what to say, other than thank you. This truly is the greatest online immunity anywhere. You all make it this way and I thank you all.

You've done a lot for the community here! I want to help replace your fish when you're ready.

Rev, thank you and the dozens of others who so selflessly offered to help me in various ways. None of you need to do anything for me, this was all that I needed. Thank YOU Rev for this great community you've built and everyone here. Thanks so much for the personal offers.

He's gotta come back! R2R NEEDS HIM AND HIS EXPERTISE!

I love this community and even if I got rid of my last remaining tank I would always be a participating member here.

As I've always said here --- you can't get rid of me that easily!!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank YOU Rev for this great community you've built and everyone here
I am extremely grateful for the community that Rev has grown here. You are a major part of that community that makes this place so special. I believe the response you are seeing is a reflection of just how much you have meant to this community. YOU are a major part of what makes R2R such a special place.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am extremely grateful for the community that Rev has grown here. You are a major part of that community that makes this place so special. I believe the response you are seeing is a reflection of just how much you have meant to this community. YOU are a major part of what makes R2R such a special place.
Thank you, thank you very much.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I have a really nice flame angel and a pair of maroon clowns That lay eggs every two weeks, if you like these fish I'll send them to you at my expense. Just pm me your info and considerate done .

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't have said it any better, @Brew12! Spot on! We all care about you, @4FordFamily, though we've never met. You give all of us here such great advice. Thank YOU!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily
To bad the vacation was so expensive...my wife said she won't make me go on anymore vacations...not sure how I feel about that. With a move coming you have plenty of time to plan your next build or not. It is expensive trying to keep a public aquarium in your home am I right? Wish you well.

Craig Martin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just wow. That is stunning news Ford. I've always admired the pictures of your tanks and your expertise in raising fish and marine life. You definitely have a gift which should not be undone by this extremely unfortunate occurrence. You're right of course, in that this disaster could have been so much worse. You have your priorities straight in that regard. When you are ready I'm sure you will build something even better. You can tell by the responses everyone believes that also. Best of luck and I look forward to your future successes.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently lost a few fish. Still broken up over them. I always feel that I let them down. Sending hugs and understanding your way.

Shelley

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my nightmare became reality.

I was in the Bahamas from Friday last week until Tuesday (yesterday as I wrote this). My fish were under the care of my father.

Yep you all know where this is going. The longest running curse. The vacation curse.

I arrived home last night about 11:00 am with unpacking to do, children to reunite with, and I had to put them to bed. I was too exhausted from traveling that I didn't check on the fish.

I came downstairs to my feed my fish to see my 125 wrasse tank, 55 gal quarantine tank full of fish, and 180 gal angelfish tank completely quiet. Lights off, pumps off, fish all lying on the sand dead. My heart completely sank. Frantic I turned the breaker back on. It was too late.

1) Queen angel
2) Emperor angel
3) Moorish idol
4) Passer Angel
5) Magnificent foxface
6) Clown tang
7) Yellow belly hippo tang
8) Blonde naso tan
9) Banana wrasse
10) Large powder blue tang
11) Blue star leopard wrasse female
12) Blue star leopard male
13) Ornate leopard male
14) Potters leopard
15) Radiant wrasse male
16) Pinkface wrasse
17) Red coris wrasse
18) Flame hawk
19) Matted filefish (ate aiptasia)
20) Bicolor blenny

There was one survivor---a transitional annularis angel who is doing well I barely caught her in time. She was barely breathing upon discovery.

All gone. I am pretty beat up about it. I figured out after work what tripped it, a power strip went bad. I wish I had gone down last night it looks like a few fish were freshly dead, others had been gone at least 24-48 hours by the looks of them.

I don't really know if I can keep up those tanks, at this stage I cannot afford to replace them. I don't have the time to quarantine them all with work and family demands (two kids under 3) being what they are. Add to that I plan to move in a year. I guess that task just got a lot easier. I'm going to break them all down I guess, and await the move before deciding what to do.

My tang tank is still intact, but some of those inhabitants were in my quarantine tank. 3 other tanks, leveled. I have some coral still alive in one of them but not enough to keep it running and I worry some of it won't make it. My lack of time has had them dwindling anyway.

I'm heartbroken and pretty distraught. I feel so guilty. I've had several of these fish for several years, some I grew since juveniles to beautiful large specimens. Others were three days from going in to their main system upstairs (from quarantine).

Sorry to whine on here. I know we have all been through this at some point. It seems like I've had particularly bad luck.

RIP fishy friends. Sorry.

Thanks for listening.

I'm just seeing this!! I"m so very sorry to hear of this. I don't know what else to say. You've taken such good care of those fish. I know they were happy and healthy in your care. I know that when you rebuild, it will be just as amazing and your fish will be just as healthy and beautiful. Don't be discouraged. Grieve, as that's natural... but don't give up and don't be hard on yourself. We've got your back for anything you need.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I have a really nice flame angel and a pair of maroon clowns That lay eggs every two weeks, if you like these fish I'll send them to you at my expense. Just pm me your info and considerate done .
Thank you so much, your fish are your fish. Keep caring for them as well as you do!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, thank you and the dozens of others who so selflessly offered to help me in various ways. None of you need to do anything for me, this was all that I needed. Thank YOU Rev for this great community you've built and everyone here. Thanks so much for the personal offers.

It's not that we need to do anything Ford, it's that we all want to do something. With all your contribution's and being such an integral part of the R2R community. All of us would love nothing more than to help you back on your feet. I'm so very sorry for your loss and will be happy to add to a fund if one is ever started.

My condolences,

Josh

Cary Hover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrible feeling to come home to. I really would suggest a apex next time around. I love mine and it has saved me atleast twice now.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very inspirational how you are handling this. How are the systems doing besides the loss of the fish.

Back