Sandroni's Fluval 5 Gallon!

Sandroni

Professional Coral Bleacher
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!!

I hope your holidays were very merry and bright. I have made my return some of you may remember me as "AndysReef" I joined back in 2016 and took a break in 2018. I am now a sophomore and college and during this pandemic and my winter break, I decided to come back tp the hobby again! I'm super excited to be back and so much has changed during these past years but hopefully, my tank can bring you some joy just like it brings me joy. :)

So, let's get right into it. I started up the tank around Dec. 10th and used the Fritz zyme turbo start to get the cycling process going.

After about a couple of days (Dec. 14) I decided to pick up some astera snails from petco (let's be honest they were tester snails lol), and everything was off to a great start.

On Jan. 2nd I decided to add my clowns. I got this adorable small pair of mocha clowns for the tank (pictured below.) I think the female is blind in one eye? Don't know if that's possible...

Today I did a 1 gal water change as I noticed I was getting a pretty large algae bloom.

Thank you for reading and hopefully, you will follow along!!!

Notes:
  • AI Prime 16HD
  • Weekly 1/2-1 Gal water change
  • Nero 3 powerhead
  • Default return pump and media chamber
  • Chemi pure nano media
(PS. the clowns are named Carter & Cash ;)

IMG_1125.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1143.JPG

OP
OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

Professional Coral Bleacher
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
I purchased two frags from WWC and a hermit crab 5 pack since my snails' aren't fast enough haha.
Will be here by Jan. 14!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back