Sandroni's Fluval 5 Gallon!

Sandroni

Professional Coral Bleacher
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
1,031
Reaction score
868
Location
North Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!!

I hope your holidays were very merry and bright. I have made my return some of you may remember me as "AndysReef" I joined back in 2016 and took a break in 2018. I am now a sophomore and college and during this pandemic and my winter break, I decided to come back tp the hobby again! I'm super excited to be back and so much has changed during these past years but hopefully, my tank can bring you some joy just like it brings me joy. :)

So, let's get right into it. I started up the tank around Dec. 10th and used the Fritz zyme turbo start to get the cycling process going.

After about a couple of days (Dec. 14) I decided to pick up some astera snails from petco (let's be honest they were tester snails lol), and everything was off to a great start.

On Jan. 2nd I decided to add my clowns. I got this adorable small pair of mocha clowns for the tank (pictured below.) I think the female is blind in one eye? Don't know if that's possible...

Today I did a 1 gal water change as I noticed I was getting a pretty large algae bloom.

Thank you for reading and hopefully, you will follow along!!!

Notes:
  • AI Prime 16HD
  • Weekly 1/2-1 Gal water change
  • Nero 3 powerhead
  • Default return pump and media chamber
  • Chemi pure nano media
(PS. the clowns are named Carter & Cash ;)

IMG_1125.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1143.JPG
 
Nice
 
Update:
I purchased two frags from WWC and a hermit crab 5 pack since my snails' aren't fast enough haha.
Will be here by Jan. 14!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new