Tank birthday, 47+ years

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, I've been looking forward to reading your stories before work everyday. It's therapeutic. The world needs more men like you good sir

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20240510_225550.jpg

Eye of the Aurora storm last night. Show continues until Sunday night world wide.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No wasted ink! I have enjoyed all your writings! I just have not read them all yet.
I don't think I read them all either as I may have been in a drunkin stupor when I wrote some of them. :anguished-face:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having an old tank has unique problems. Not healthwise but things grow in tanks and keep growing. Things like bristleworms. They are great scavengers and kind of benign when small. But they keep growing and can probably get a foot long.,

That is the reason I can't keep clams or most crabs any more except hermit crabs. When an invertebrate sheds, the bristleworms can most likely smell it and they attack the helpless animal. Especially arrow crabs which are very susceptible when newly moulted.

Occasionally I trap them but the really large ones can't fit in the trap and if I make a large trap, the fish and hermits will go in.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I walked on the beach this morning and finally the sun came out as it has been raining and foggy every morning. Like this yesterday.
Foggy beach walk.jpg

Today looked like this
Beach sunrise May.jpg

I tried to save this horseshoe crab but he found out he can't live on dry sand for very long and all the CPR I did didn't help.

Horseshoe crab.jpg

He was relaxing in this very long tidepool and forgot that the tide goes out.
Tidepool on beach.jpg

I also found a fish that looked like someone over quarantined
Dead Fish.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to bring in my Jeep for a recall to change the Catalytic converter. Ever since then I have a rattle that drives me crazy. I don't want to bring it back because I would have to leave the car for a couple of days and the same Jibini will probably work on it. So I had to drag out my ramps that I hardly use once a year and jam myself under there.

Getting up is getting harder every year.
Jeep on Ramps.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went and collected water from a beach. I got a little stuck on the beach in the soft sand but I got out. I don't have to do anything to this water as it is crystal clear. Normally I have to filter it as it is green with all sorts of floating garbage in it but this time I am not doing anything to it except heat it. It's 65 degrees, salinity is .020 and the nitrate is the same as my tank. 10.

I only collected 20 gallons and I will add 20 gallons of fake sea water because I know there is a lot of fertilizer in our seawater here and I already have enough algae.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back