I’ve dosed vodka didn’t do much for the tank but I was very happy each day
drunk party down GIF

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy there! Didn't you start around the same time....?

:face-in-clouds: :smiling-face-with-halo:
Close, but I'd still consider him to be "Great Grandpa Reefer". I had to settle for ground up trilobites they sold as diatomaceous earth.;)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found your book (or, more accurately, my wife found it) and finished it.
Your wife probably enjoyed the chapters about fashion, trending clothing styles and cosmetics that were made without testing on animals. I think they may do that here because occasionally on my morning walks I see a rabbit who looks particularly sexy sporting those Tammy Fae Baker lashes. :thinking-face: (Google her)

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wife probably enjoyed the chapters about fashion, trending clothing styles and cosmetics that were made without testing on animals. I think they may do that here because occasionally on my morning walks I see a rabbit who looks particularly sexy sporting those Tammy Fae Baker lashes. :thinking-face: (Google her)
I'm 50. I remember her...vaguely

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponges are a problem I wouldn't mind having...some of my best tanks - the dark side of the rockwork was covered in encrusting white or yellow sponge...natural filter , IMO
The 90 gallon tank I used to have had yellow sponges encrusting on a lot of the rock work. You have to look hard to see it in the pictures on my old thread. When I planned to move it I was going to try to keep the sponges under water. Unfortunately we had an ice storm there, power went out, tank water dropped to 42 degrees ish. So I took the tank down.

Last edited:

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said a number of times, I have been married for almost half a century and I realize many people can't seem to find happiness with their relationship.

I have a few tips that have worked for me.
This morning like all mornings I went for my 2 mile walk/jog. I make my wife breakfast every day (since I have been retired) and on my walk, occasionally I pick some wild flowers (or nice looking weeds) to put by my wife's breakfast plate.

Flowers1 .JPG

Flowers2.JPG

I realize it is "corny" (as they used to say in the 50s) but my wife gets a kick out of it. Men have been giving flowers to women since they invented women. I think her name was Eve.

But there is a secret as to why men always did that. Women don't really like flowers. Some of them just sneeze and throw them away when you turn around.

It's not the flowers. It has nothing to do with flowers. It is the fact that you were thinking about her and had enough feelings that you went out of your way to either buy or pick them.

Of course you can use chocolates or "rarely" diamonds. OK very rarely. Sometimes I take a ride to Starbucks just to get her her favorite Cafe Latte.

This is just a little thing that takes no time and the both of you will appreciate it. It will be good for both of you.

I also occasionally buy my wife a Christmas present even if it is summer time. These little nothing things mean a lot to a lot of Ladies.

Many Men need to get out of the bar, get off your Harley, get away from the TV, stop working on your car and do some little thing for your lady that you would never do and she would not expect you to do.

It may allow your marriage to last for the rest of your life. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Great advice. My wife doesn't like to get stuff on Valentine's Day because she thinks it feels forced. Except for one year. At the time we were playing poker once a month at the home of a friend who had MS. The game happened to land on Valentine's, but several of us who didn't do anything for Valentine's (or who didn't have a wife or girlfriend) went and played anyway. On the way home my cousin and I stopped at Safeway and bought bromeliad flowers for our respective wives. Since it was totally unexpected, my wife thought those Valentine's flowers were okay.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reminded of one of your words yesterday as a SUV passed me on a double yellow into on coming traffic...Jabroni.

He was stopped a couple miles later by a State Patrol. I stopped to weigh in on the drivers abilities but thought better of it and drove on.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Daughter bought me this painting from the Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan. It's from Coney Island and says Pauls Daughter. Actually there is a place on the Coney Island boardwalk named Pauls Daughter and this is a realistic painting of the place.

I was born near there.
Pauls Daughter.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back