Tank birthday, 47+ years

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan except for the penny unless you have a pre 1965 copper penny. Pennies now are made from old VCR tape players and I Phone 3s.
I have been doing that transfer method for decades and so far no problems unless that Tupperware bowl was made in China. I don't use those.
I also don't use my cell phone to pay for anything because I don't know how to do that and I am sure if I tried, I would go to jail as that I Phone stuff doesn't work for my generation. I only use my phone to make phone calls which is why they call it a "phone" and not a camera, bank card, pinball machine or music maker. I have a record player for that. :eek:
I also never walk down the street staring at my phone. My wife looked at my phone yesterday and said "Do you now you have text messages on here from Christmas?" I said "which Christmas?".
If people want me they will call me and use their mouth to form words. My phone makes all sorts of noises but the only one I hear is the old fashioned telephone ring that came with the thing.
I got along perfectly fine for fifty years without a cell phone and if it exploded tomorrow like some of them seem to do, I really couldn't care less. Of course I do take pictures of my Grand Kids. But that's as much technology as I want the thing to do. Besides that, sometimes I use it to squash a bug. :)
Okay. Cute in any decade!

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi. How are you liking the tank so far dimensions wise? Is the height something you like or would you have gone a little higher, like 24-25"? I know the depth of 30" is going to be alot nicer than the 24 I currently have. Should give me alot more space to build a nice aquascape and still have room all around for glass cleaning clearance.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 10 year old Grand Son called me this morning and asked me for pictures of myself in uniform. Aparently his class is doing some research or studies into Veterans or maybe war. I don't know.

He asked for 6 pictures of me in my Military uniform.. I told him I only have a few because there was no cell phone cameras then and in Viet Nam we really didn't wear uniforms or even shirts most of the time.

But I found some pictures in an old album and E Mailed them. I am glad they are at least trying to teach something about the history of this country as it happened and not just the nonsense
That is going on today.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess you are famous! Someone unknowingly posted a photo of you in my local reefing fb group lol
1000005649.jpg

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped getting alerts to posts on here, just got the first for quite sometime, very strange. Had a few issues with the tank for no reason I or anybody else could find. Lost a load of corals.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Katrina, tell me about it. I don't know what they are teaching our kids and Grand kids and probably don't want to know.

Teddy thinks he's Elvis

And his sister (on the left) is only into make up. They did a 70s exercise thing in school. She is 12

I love my kids. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to 2 LFS today. My wife has a Doctor near both of them so I take this opportunity to get there.

One is very big and they sell dogs cats, lizards, tarantula's, snakes, frogs, birds and they have a Wallaby who walks around the store. I don't buy anything except food as my favorite guy doesn't sell the food I want.

But that store is very expensive so I don't buy livestock there.

My other guy the place is filthy but I don't have to live there. Nothing is quarantined or guaranteed but they are about a third of the price as the other guy.

I don't have to be careful of diseases and all that so it's a no brainer. Both stores have the same quality livestock as it all comes out of the same ocean but the cheaper guy gets the livestock right from the shipper so no wholesaler.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double post

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a successful morning walk in the pouring rain. I picked up about 25 worms. I could have gotten a lot more but I didn't want to deplete Long Island of worms.

Earthworms.JPG

My fish are so happy....And immune. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Chopped earthworms.JPG

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread made 100 pages, how about that!
For a few days I couldn't find any of my anemone crabs, and I have 5 of them. I searched behind rocks with a flashlight, crawled under and to the back of the tank with a mirror, called out their name etc. Not one.
But this morning before the lights came on I see four of them on the same montipora like they were checking out each other's cell phones. I can't find the fifth one but he may be shedding someplace or just enjoying his quiet time.

I made to page 100!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I didn't even realize this thread was that long. I guess it's not bad for 13 years and probably out of 478 pages, at least 4 or 5 have something to do with fish. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I just looked at page 100, that was 2017 and was all about anemone crabs. I don't think anyone is still here from when this thread started. :thinking-face:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I didn't even realize this thread was that long. I guess it's not bad for 13 years and probably out of 478 pages, at least 4 or 5 have something to do with fish. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I just looked at page 100, that was 2017 and was all about anemone crabs. I don't think anyone is still here from when this thread started. :thinking-face:
More fun to discuss steam punk art and supermodels. Fish tanks take care of themselves.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back