Tank Stocking Help

ElectiSolis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've been a long time reader of R2R, but this is my first post. I set up a larger tank a year or so ago and have been having dino problems, but I think I finally have them controlled enough to start adding some of the fish I've dreamed of having. I have a standard four foot, 75 gallon tank with a 40 gallon sump (no refugium) so I know that can be pretty limiting. I'm hoping to upgrade eventually to a 125/180, but that's irrelevant at the moment. I had two medium sized black Ocellaris Clownfish in there for the majority of the tank's life so far but I've moved them to a 40 gallon breeder as I wanted them to be on their own to maybe do an anemone tank someday.

My current stocking in the 75 consists of:
2 Mocha Storm Clowns
1 Neon Blue Goby
1 Red Banded Pistol Shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs
~20 Astraea Turbo Snails
~5 Margarite Snails
~5 Nassarius Snails
1 GSP Frag (Temporary home)

Here's where I need help. I'm not entirely sure what to add as far as fish are concerned. I have a couple that I intend on adding, but I'd like suggestions from what is available on DrReefsQuarantinedFish.com because they've been amazing with everything so far. I'm using them because I have tried various methods of quarantining and have not really had success with any of them. I am also limited to online shopping as the only store that sells saltwater fish near me is a Petco...and I'm done buying from them. I love the idea of pre-quarantined fish, that are disease free and have a guarantee of at least a couple of days.

Here are the additions I'm planning:
1 Dracula Goby (to go with the pistol shrimp that was missed on my first order)
1 Emerald Crab (to replace the one that was eaten during shipping)
1 Canary Blenny
1 Tomini Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Six Line Wrasse
1 Fire Shrimp/Maybe Cleaner Shrimp
More snails
A variety of corals, at least a hammer, maybe a torch, and some other cheapish frags

I recognize this stocking is approaching capacity, and the yellow tang may not be the best idea, but I'm looking for one to two more fish that will constantly be out and about that aren't Chromis or Cardinalfish. I was thinking Anthias or maybe a Dottyback, but I'm really not sure. Additional CUC suggestions are appreciated as well. What are your thoughts? Bonus points for captive bred fish. Thank you for reading!

TLDR: Looking for suggestions for two more active swimmers from DrReefsQuarantinedFish that aren't going to bully everyone in a 75 gallon tank.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back