TCK Pikachu Acro!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

thanhreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mine this Wednesday. It looks fine and dark yellow. I will post a pic tonight

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you happy with it?
Yes, I know it will only get better from this point.

Could you give us the conditions you have it under?
Strong flow, under 6x54 watt T5 lights ( 4 Blue+, 1 fuji pink, 1 coral plus) frag is in a 12' deep frag tank and lights are about 18" from frag with about 350 PAR. Only had it 2 days so far, so not yet acclimated from stress of cutting, shipping, dipping, etc just in 2 days.

Any others with pics of their cuts? the one from the photo above looks bad but it also looks like it was stressed out bad and may of had a rough shipping...Gregory how long have you had it....did you give it a strong dip? how did it look when it came in?
Had it only 2 days so far.

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my frag after a few days in my system.
IMG_7326.jpg
That look green. I don't see any yellow in it. are you happy with it

thanhreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's too early to tell. It will definately give some time. Most of SPS frags develop more color when they grow in to nice colonies.

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received mine this Wednesday. It looks fine and dark yellow. I will post a pic tonight
please post up when you have a chance - eager to see yours! seems like no one's frags arrived looking anything like the mother in the original post and/or sustained "lots of shipping stress" except for yours. are they just being packaged poorly or are they incredibly sensitive for some reason or harsh weather where these buyers are location in relation to it's origin? it's rather ideal weather to be shipping and receiving coral right now for me and i love taking advantage of it with deals on beautiful pieces!

OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is unhappy with the Pikachu acro that they received please let me know. Like i said in the earlier post i stand behind my corals. I will refund you the full amount of the coral if you are not happy with the coral i send you. Just send it back to me and once i receive it and its alive i will gladly fully refund you. Look at it this way, you bought the Pikachu for $200 shipped so which runs you about $140 a frag after shipping cost. I have seen acros that don't even come close to this go for $500 plus dollars. You take chances and you might get rewarded in the end. For example many years ago i sold the Bleeding Rainbow Acan for 50-75$ a polyp. Those who took the chance and bought it at the time are now rewarded. Bleeding rainbow Acan frags sells for $175-$250 a polyp if you are lucky enough that the owner wants to frag and sell. I have taken many chance with corals and some pay out and other don't. Life is full of risk. Just make the right ones. And for you "showtime" didn't your mom teach you if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. Another thing please get your posts count up before you go stir up trouble in someone for sale thread. Thank you and have a good day. Happy Mother Days!!!

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why you so unset, is it because all the frags of the Pikachu evolved in to a grimer man.

i dont think hes upset... If you guys had eyes too see the Color in the picture its not Only faded Purple. it has Yellow in it. You cant just goo off one persons picture. its a new colony. It happens to them all. Its a risk Just like he stated.. He is a Really good guy and offered Peoples money back if they were not happy. I dont think many people said give me my money back, now did they? i dont know. But Ktar is a great guy and a good person to work with. If you didnt buy the piece IMO you should just stop trying to Hype bad thoughts into peoples heads... This is not a bashing thread, Yes people are going to have the Opinions But Dont tell someone there upset cause there Acro turned brown..

Its bound to happen with a brand new out the ocean Coral From the

OCEAN - DISTRIBUTOR - WHOLESALER - KTAR - YOUR HOME>. Thats a long way and the coral has been put threw stress.

Point blank its a great Coral , Yellows are hard to keep no matter What. enough said cause im gonna start rambling on now.

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the OP, they were only releasing 2 frags right ? I'm sure whoever got them knew it was a gamble. Way too early to judge by the look of that one frag, hopefully it will color back up.

BTW Gregory, I wasn't trying to insult you in my above post. It was a legitimate question.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the OP, they were only releasing 2 frags right ? I'm sure whoever got them knew it was a gamble. Way too early to judge by the look of that one frag, hopefully it will color back up.

BTW Gregory, I wasn't trying to insult you in my above post. It was a legitimate question.
Class
Why you so unset, is it because all the frags of the Pikachu evolved in to a grimer man.
Classless

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am the buyer who bought all the three pieces, pikachu, mardigras and hyperion. Total 450 shipped.

Great price if you ask me but the price is great only if the frags look like colonies and have color. He also gave me a freebie. Nobody is sayind ktar is bad. I asked around and everyone told me the guy is solid and not to worry about it.

When he first released the frags we all doubted the color. No where he said the frags are not holding color. He said he stands behind his corals which implied to me that the frags were holding colors. Now if he said the frags were not holding color then I would have not made the purchase. I understand colony is new and there is a chance of them browning out but I had no way of knowing this before I bought it.

Will they color up, ofcourse yes. Do I have time to worry about this, no. I rather pay premium for something that already colored up. I am not in business of buying brown corals and coloring them up. It is my DT in my living room.

What do I tell my friends, I bought these from ktar and now I have to color them up.

I know he offered to send them back but if they dont make alive to him I am out of money. They are already stressed and may not survive another shipping. Even if they make it back alive then I am out of shipping 100 bucks and another 100 that ktar will deduct for his shipping. Not too much of option is it.

I know he is great and did not mean to do this. It is just that I expected colorful frags not brown. When you show me a pic I want it to resemble it. Thats why I am paying.

And yes frags can be colorful even after shipping distances.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe thats why he gave me a freebie. Of all the frags the freebie has best color. So he made his point to make sure he compensated for the brown out frags. I assume we took the risk when we first got inline for a frag.

Thinking about this I did get four frags for 450 shipped. Not a bad price.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take comments about sales to PM and keep them out of Sponsors Sales threads.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, there is quite a bit of feedback in this thread, please use the feedback forum or send a PM with any further feedback.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back