TCK Pikachu Acro!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't give in yet. I have 3 yellows right now that turned purple when they hit my tank in lower light . Ime yellows need a strong 10k to show. my yellow pieces are green still I've been ramping up the lights more. My lemonade is nice yellow. So I know it's poss.

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't given up thats why I bumped it up to see how and where and everyone is with theirs.

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't give in yet. I have 3 yellows right now that turned purple when they hit my tank in lower light . Ime yellows need a strong 10k to show. my yellow pieces are green still I've been ramping up the lights more. My lemonade is nice yellow. So I know it's poss.
not true at all...my tank is mainly blue...6 blue+ 1 coral+ 1 fiji purp and 2 blue reefbright bars...and my sticks stay yellow as can be....you will get green from low light and yellow from high...also you nutrients play a role as well..check out my eye candy thread and you can see how yellow they are...including my pink lemonade

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not true at all...my tank is mainly blue...6 blue+ 1 coral+ 1 fiji purp and 2 blue reefbright bars...and my sticks stay yellow as can be....you will get green from low light and yellow from high...also you nutrients play a role as well..check out my eye candy thread and you can see how yellow they are...including my pink lemonade
Very True! high light and nutrients will do it. most of the yellow corals i got came in yellow or light green not purple. something is just not right about this coral.

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who knows, just stating that in my experiences yellows like high light.

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who knows, just stating that in my experiences yellows like high light.
Yes but strong light does not mean 10k....it would be the watts...10k is just the color spectrum...more on the yellow color...most tanks these days are 20k...

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting thread. When I first got my RR Pink Floyd it was totally brown with brown polyps. Fast forward to now, as a small colony it is definitely yellow with screaming pink polyps. I think a lot of corals need time to grow and become mini colonies before they show the sick colors. My TCK Pikachu is still sitting in the frag tray getting low light....I am re-doing my rockscape in a few weeks so a lot of corals are waiting to be placed until the remodel takes place. It is showing glowing corallite edges on the side facing the light under LED's and by normal light I see a greenish/yellow developing in this area. Polyps are not red...yet. I am happy to stick it up in tons of light and just wait and watch it grow. I bet as it matures the color will be there, I hope :). If it is anything like the picture I'll be stoked as it seems to be a healthy piece with good growth rate. I am staying positive and looking forward to seeing what develops, that's part of the fun of this hobby :D.

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting thread. When I first got my RR Pink Floyd it was totally brown with brown polyps. Fast forward to now, as a small colony it is definitely yellow with screaming pink polyps. I think a lot of corals need time to grow and become mini colonies before they show the sick colors. My TCK Pikachu is still sitting in the frag tray getting low light....I am re-doing my rockscape in a few weeks so a lot of corals are waiting to be placed until the remodel takes place. It is showing glowing corallite edges on the side facing the light under LED's and by normal light I see a greenish/yellow developing in this area. Polyps are not red...yet. I am happy to stick it up in tons of light and just wait and watch it grow. I bet as it matures the color will be there, I hope :). If it is anything like the picture I'll be stoked as it seems to be a healthy piece with good growth rate. I am staying positive and looking forward to seeing what develops, that's part of the fun of this hobby :D.
Yep I'm in the same boat adding some rock to my tank and hope to get it up in some higher par soon. It is definitely a good grower and if it looks anything at all like the pic I will be happy. I enjoy coloring up acros so it will be good to watch!

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14492432982_c16f4afcd3_c.jpg

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha (forgot the text) its to prove a point, under radions + an all actinic light schedule yellows keep their color very well :)
I havent really use halides so I cant attest to those

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this up changing a little would love to see others pics!

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is definitely coloring up on the side facing the light. Looks more green at this point than yellow, but then again, I have it in low light. I am not seeing any red polyps yet. I think they will get there eventually. I'll snap a picture once I find the spot where it will reside.

OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back