i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep corals they won't pick on, problem solved
all fish but one 4-4-20.jpg
I’d love a larger tank to have a Blueface in with my Regal and Majestic but I couldn’t bear the feeling of rehoming a Blueface. They’re gorgeous, and I have the same issue with Emperors.

At the moment I have a 4’ tank which hopefully is large enough for the Majestic as they seem to stay around 5-6” in captivity whilst Regals stay around 4-5”, maybe 6-7” after a good few years.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i had any issues with the regal, I blame post like this. How can I keep a tank full of angels and not have this beauty??
I know right!
Theyre too nice not to pass up when you see a healthy one. I had only a few fish back in December (I think it was 10-11) so I decided to jump on this girl when I saw her. She’s so personable and spits water when hungry.
IMG_7653.jpeg

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love a larger tank to have a Blueface in with my Regal and Majestic but I couldn’t bear the feeling of rehoming a Blueface. They’re gorgeous, and I have the same issue with Emperors.

At the moment I have a 4’ tank which hopefully is large enough for the Majestic as they seem to stay around 5-6” in captivity whilst Regals stay around 4-5”, maybe 6-7” after a good few years.

I heard blue face and emperors stay around 6". LOL

I already told the wife I am getting a 7' tank in a few years for my angels. As a matter a fact, I am already searching for one. I honestly want a tank that is 7'x30x30 or 7x2x2.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any zoas, I assume your blueface eats them?

Is that a juvie blueface I see? Any agression issues?
Zoo's are drugs to angels. Never had an issue with palys? But after the issues with people going to the hospital many years ago I removed all my palys. The other angel is a Chrysurus. The following picture shows the pair of BF. Start with a adult and add a changing ugly phase blue face. I have created a pair twice. Regals grow so slow. One shown has only grown an inch or two in five years. The smaller one caught in size and the fight was on after being together for several years starting as juveniles.I had to separate them. Imperators are quick growers, Blueface not so much plus they are now as free of swimmers as imperators. Also juvenile Blueface will destroy most coral, once they get to changing no problem with coral shown.
angels 4-27-20.jpg
All fish shown are in a Planet 310 8' long. I sold the tank and sold the larger angels only kept regals and flames.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoo's are drugs to angels. Never had an issue with palys? But after the issues with people going to the hospital many years ago I removed all my palys. The other angel is a Chrysurus. The following picture shows the pair of BF. Start with a adult and add a changing ugly phase blue face. I have created a pair twice. Regals grow so slow. One shown has only grown an inch or two in five years. The smaller one caught in size and the fight was on after being together for several years starting as juveniles.I had to separate them. Imperators are quick growers, Blueface not so much plus they are now as free of swimmers as imperators. Also juvenile Blueface will destroy most coral, once they get to changing no problem with coral shown.
angels 4-27-20.jpg
All fish shown are in a Planet 310 8' long. I sold the tank and sold the larger angels only kept regals and flames.

Wow... my dream tank

Can you give me a list of all your angels?

So you added an adult blueface then added a juvie and they paired up?

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I tried it I added a juvenile and the juvenile started destroying my coral. It was traded back to the fish store and I went with a changing BF and to my surprise it all worked out. Here is a picture of the first pair created, I used a 100 gallon rubbermaid tub with a bunch of liverock for smaller one to hide in till everything got settled.
BLUE FACE AND JUV in Tub 6-17-18.JPG

blueface pair 8-27-18.JPG

The pictures in my earlier post were of my second pair

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I tried it I added a juvenile and the juvenile started destroying my coral. It was traded back to the fish store and I went with a changing BF and to my surprise it all worked out. Here is a picture of the first pair created, I used a 100 gallon rubbermaid tub with a bunch of liverock for smaller one to hide in till everything got settled.
BLUE FACE AND JUV in Tub 6-17-18.JPG

blueface pair 8-27-18.JPG

The pictures in my earlier post were of my second pair
Without a doubt, I now need a 6-7’ tank with one of these guys as the display fish.
Theyre stunning once large for sure and I bet a pair is even nicer.

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right!
Theyre too nice not to pass up when you see a healthy one. I had only a few fish back in December (I think it was 10-11) so I decided to jump on this girl when I saw her. She’s so personable and spits water when hungry.
IMG_7653.jpeg

What a beauty!

Are they difficult to keep and why do they have that label?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a beauty!

Are they difficult to keep and why do they have that label?
Thankyou, she truly is something special. I wish I could get an accurate photo of what she looks like under the blues.

They can be difficult to keep but IME as long as they feed and have been in captivity for a few weeks you should be alright. I’d also aim for a Red Sea/Indian Ocean (Yellow Belly) Regal Angel as they tend to be easier than the Indonesian (Grey Belly) Regals. Not that the Indo Regals can’t be kept it’s just much harder as they seem to have more sponges in their diet so it can make it harder for them to accept floating foods.

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the most you've spent on an angel? I'm trying to justify $500 for a flame (not seen often in Aus anymore.)
I need validation in that I'm not the only insane person out there wanting to spend so much on a single fish?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the most you've spent on an angel? I'm trying to justify $500 for a flame (not seen often in Aus anymore.)
I need validation in that I'm not the only insane person out there wanting to spend so much on a single fish?
Ive spent around $374 AUD on my most expensive angel (my Regal) and around $354 AUD on possibly my smallest fish (my Majestic Angel).

However the most expensive fish I have so far was the equivalent of $633 AUD. I didn’t spend that as I got it during an event and got 13% off so I spent closer to $550 AUD.

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive spent around $374 AUD on my most expensive angel (my Regal) and around $354 AUD on possibly my smallest fish (my Majestic Angel).

However the most expensive fish I have so far was the equivalent of $633 AUD. I didn’t spend that as I got it during an event and got 13% off so I spent closer to $550 AUD.
Thanks, the lengths we go to for this hobby haha.
What was the most expensive fish you got?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
275 for a red sea regal orange belly. So worth it, shes my show fish :) but a flame for 500? Jeez I mean I guess if they are that rare and you have the money lol

Attachments

• IMG_2377.png
    IMG_2377.png
    917.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2373.png
    IMG_2373.png
    621.9 KB · Views: 43

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Regals are worth it! Most beautiful angel in my opinion, I love mine!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, the lengths we go to for this hobby haha.
What was the most expensive fish you got?
It was this beauty, I now have him residing with my Magnificent Foxface. But this is my Tongan Black Foxface.
IMG_7842.jpeg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most expensive fish to date was a pair of interruptus, I lost the male due to a freak accident. Even though I had lids on my tank he hit it so hard he flipped the lid up and it got stuck and found fish on the floor in the morning. I literally felt sick to my stomach.
IMG_4807.jpeg

when I introduced the juvenile female. Still have the female but may have turned male by now being the only one.​

IMG_4808.jpeg

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some people in Sydney pay 12 grand for a cross breed dog, so why not 500 for a pure bred fish!?!!

Validated AND enabled!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back