OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grats on both. :) That's a good size skimmer.

Thanks! I'm excited to see how the skimmer performs.

180 gallons? almost big enough to wash that georgeous Burmese Mountain dog in!

Haha I actually had one of our cats fall into my planted tank once! Easiest cat bath ever!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got news that the sump has been finished and will be delivered next week! The actual aquarium should arrive tomorrow!

I've been trying to get some things accomplished before getting the tank on the stand. I ran my AWC lines, a 50' Aquabus cable, and an RO line up the wall, through the attic, and into the water storage room. I also wired a new 20 amp breaker up and now have 4 fresh plugs behind the tank. I ended up using covered wall plates to help with any moisture.

I also went ahead and hung the ATI fixture. I was putting bulbs in the fixture and found that one of them was broken. The replacement should be here by Tuesday.

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dedicated 20 amp breaker is good thinking. Was that hard to wire into your breaker box?

It wasn't impossibly hard, but it wasn't real easy either. I bought some flex bits and a Glo stick, so that helped pull the wire through the walls. It was pretty tough running it through our attic space because of how the house is built. Definitely worth doing though.

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAM00554.jpg
Bernese Mountain Build is something i can subscribe too!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another exciting day in the build process! Fedex delivered a large box this morning.

My favorite! Packing peanuts!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank still hasn't made it yet, but the LFS said it should be this Friday. I've been working on some other random things that I wanted to do for the tank. I mounted the Apex display in the wall next to the tank. It's around eye level which will make it more convenient to use. It will also be much easier to quickly check different parameters.

I was also able to get the refugium light hung under the stand. Still excited to see how this bad boy works out.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Synergy makes some awesome sumps. Bought mine a year ago and it's like a vintage model compared to what they are doing now, and I thought I was being a trend setter Lol

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump looks sick!

Thanks! I'm pretty pumped to have it.

Synergy makes some awesome sumps. Bought mine a year ago and it's like a vintage model compared to what they are doing now, and I thought I was being a trend setter Lol

Haha well it's guys like you that made me want to get one in the first place!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping the tank arrives tomorrow...I can't complain too much since my LFS is awesome and is giving me a good deal on the tank.

Today's project will include adding LED bars in the stand, adding window magnets to the doors, and getting a jump start on wire management. I am going to use a few cable raceways to manage wires.

I'm going to be moving my Apex and EB8's over from the 75G. I bought the ALD module and two ALD Probes that I will go ahead and mount. I have an extra MP40 so I will go ahead and run the wiring for that and mount the driver for the Vectra M1 next to it. I will move the other MP40 over when I break down the 75. One thing that I don't own but will purchase is the Ecotech battery backup. I will probably start with one, but would like to add a 2nd in the future.

I feel like I have all the equipment to get this tank started, but may still add some other items in the future. The run down on equipment thus far is...

Tank: Marineland 180 w/ 16" Reef Savvy Overflow
Sump: Reef Savvy SS-44 w/ matching 10 gallon ATO Container (Utilizing an Avast Barrel Tender)
ATO: Tunze Osmolator
Return: Ecotech Vectra M1
Flow: 1 MP40QD and 1 MP40wES
Skimmer: Reef Octo Elite 200-INT
Display Light: 8 Bulb ATI Sunpower
Refugium Light: Mars Hydro LED
AWC: Neptune Dos
Dosing: Bubble Magus with BAO Dosing Containers
Control: Neptune Apex with WXM, ALD, VDM, AFS, BoB, and two EB8's
Reactors: Two Little Fishies for GFO or Carbon (If I feel like it)

My original plan was to go with a smaller sump and add a Life Reef Refugium. I decided to go with the bigger sump that includes the small refugium. I still may add a custom Life Reef fuge in the future, but that will be further down the road. I also have an extra MP10 that I may put in the refugium area if I need the extra tumble.

Still unsure exactly what I will decide for fish, but am definitely open to suggestions!

Tateopotatoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For fish, you should look into different ecosystems. For example, it should be Red Sea or Atlantic ocean themed. Also, don't forget about the small fish! When people get larger tanks they tend to forget about small inverts and fish (I.e. shrimp, blennies, damsels)

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For fish, you should look into different ecosystems. For example, it should be Red Sea or Atlantic ocean themed. Also, don't forget about the small fish! When people get larger tanks they tend to forget about small inverts and fish (I.e. shrimp, blennies, damsels)

Good advice! I'm not sure I'm strong enough to stick to a theme though!

Back