image.jpeg image.jpeg
ATO

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost pulled the trigger on that ato from avast, but my tunze is still going strong.

Servillius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok fellow Reefers, some more equipment and progression shots
Synergy also built this 4 section dosing chamber. In my previous tank I dosed Vodka, had a Hugh what I thought was, bacterial bloom, image.jpeg image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpeg that pretty much wiped out that tank about two months ago. Most of my fish survived except a wrasse but I'm going to an ATS this time around. Also in these pics are the GHL doser 2 that's later connected to the dosing chamber( love this doser ). And you see the Stenner pump and the red tuning coming out the top of the RODI storage tank that go through the attic to enter the fish room running down to the sump. Black and Blue AWC and Red ATO

After years of playing with carbon (mostly quite successfully - I really liked Zeovit for instance), I switched to ATS and couldn't be happier.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost pulled the trigger on that ato from avast, but my tunze is still going strong.
Debated between the two for awhile, the parastaltic pump of the Avast sold me since I had a bit of distance to overcome from my garage to the sump room
After years of playing with carbon (mostly quite successfully - I really liked Zeovit for instance), I switched to ATS and couldn't be happier.
Great, this will be my first experience with ATS but the research results has won me over and Turbo Aquatics Gen 4 looks very promising

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Dry Pukani and Tonga branch laid out to get some idea of what shapes I've got, really nice looking rock. Next it gets a bath in acid, washed with the hose then into RODI for a few days. Next checked Po4 and of course it was loaded

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg
While the rocks get treated for po4, back to the sump room. I found some horse stall mat at the Tractor supply and decided to place it on the base platform for a dampening affect on the pumps and the sump. Turned out very nice and wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be to cut, not easy but not as difficult
Finished up the sump room with some storage shelves, my frag tank, 30 gal Petco, which will be connected to the main system, sump and display tank and my QT tank, 20gal Petco, will be separate. These sit on the top shelf of the sump room stand

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you treating your rocks? Acid bath?
Yes I did acid bath with muriatic acid for about 20 min didn't want to eat away too much of the rock then I sprayed it down really good with the water hose, let it set in RODI for about a week then tested for Po4 first readings were 0.38 then I started dosing LC - SeaKlear once it was down to 0.08 I put the rock in Saltwater it still continued to leach for awhile and I continued to dose LC till it got to 0.0-0.3. Once I put it in the saltwater I started to cure it, with deli shrimp initially

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back