The Black pearl/ Reef Savvy 240

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally got the tank out of the garage, but it still didn't make it onto the stand. The way the stand is made the tank will have to be lifted to clear the stand and placed directly on top of the styrofoam coushion it will rest on, not enough lifting power available today as of now here they sit image.jpeg
Love the fish on the wall that's cool. Awesome setup too.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that done, turned my attention back to the sump room/control room. Found an atta box on eBay for a reasonable price, initially wanted a clear lid, but couldn't find any at the time so I got the opaque. This box contains the Apex. I put a fan in it, that has a thermostat, comes on at 80' and added red LEDs for flavor image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg .

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that done, turned my attention back to the sump room/control room. Found an atta box on eBay for a reasonable price, initially wanted a clear lid, but couldn't find any at the time so I got the opaque. This box contains the Apex. I put a fan in it, that has a thermostat, comes on at 80' and added red LEDs for flavor image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg .
Nice n neat

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Like the box. Great color in that room too.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank Fin, any news from Felix. I know your pain and as you can see here, I tried to do as much as I could to help pass the time, keeping my mind off the wait

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank Fin, any news from Felix. I know your pain and as you can see here, I tried to do as much as I could to help pass the time, keeping my mind off the wait
No, nothing yet. Based on the few other Reef Savvy threads going on, I probably still have a few months to go. Still planning and gathering gear. Hoping not too much of it wil be obsolete by the time I get around to using it. :)

I need to sand and refinish my existing stand, but hate to pull the plug on it with a few fish having lived in it for close to 10 years now. Hate to stress them out and make them live too long in temporary quarters. I really hope they will make the transition well. Not that they are expensive, they have just been with me for a long time.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand I have two Tangs and a foxface that have been around for about 6 years. speaking of obsolete, I do have a few things that are out of warranty according to the purchase date and a lot of extra plumbing cause the overflow went from 1.5 inches to 1 inch then we decided to add another overflow, then decided to do the overflow with removable bulkheads instead of the fixed ones

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand I have two Tangs and a foxface that have been around for about 6 years. speaking of obsolete, I do have a few things that are out of warranty according to the purchase date and a lot of extra plumbing cause the overflow went from 1.5 inches to 1 inch then we decided to add another overflow, then decided to do the overflow with removable bulkheads instead of the fixed ones
I am curious. If I may ask, what led to the decision to forgo the fixed bulkheads? I only ask, because I am not sure I like the idea of the outlets being welded to the bottom of the overflow. Maybe it is just me. :)

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious. If I may ask, what led to the decision to forgo the fixed bulkheads? I only ask, because I am not sure I like the idea of the outlets being welded to the bottom of the overflow. Maybe it is just me. :)
Same here, I liked the idea of being able to change them if I needed, was glad I was able to get them that way. I had asked for one of the original boxes, but he didn't make those any more. They were larger and deeper

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back