The most beautiful Clownfish I've ever seen!

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm holding out for when these are back out
waqdf02_n.jpg

If I’m not mistaken I think the breeder should have some more ready the beginning of April. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The platinum clowns with the orange blotch on their face always remind me to Spongebob´s Mermaid Man.

I see the advantages of designer clowns in that they can be sold better for a higher price than wild colored clowns and I think tank breeding needs a higher price. So under the aspect of species protection designer clowns make perfect sense.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ultimate goal is to breed a blue and black clown, but it'll take years to breed the blue in. Apparently the blue is actually the black pigment coming through the clear scales, which is why it's always more evident on the borders.

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a matter of time their be all blue ocellaris. Only thing that interest me in designing clowns would be breeding them. For DT regular clown would do.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like natural. I’m not a fan of breeding a defective trait. How long before this trait causes shorter life spans etc? I’m not judging. Everyone likes what they like. It’s just not my thing.
I guess depending on what you believe, all clowns came from a genetic mutation. ;)

tortuga007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a snowflake clown I believe they miss labeld the tag because it has blue around edges of it's white, Not as prominent as this pic but defendant blue.

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds me of the first time I saw long finned zebrafish when I was a kid. I thought eww. Nothing more beautiful than wild fish, IMO. On the other hand, the fact that clownfish traits are manipulated to make money is cool but it's just not for me.

BootyPup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine one of these mixed with one of those longfin clowns

Monkeytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a Blacker Ice with a little blue. Don’t see why the ones with most blue couldn’t be bred to increase it. I’d like to get one. Unique looks are good, but the biggest thing I would consider is if they are aggressive jerks. I just got rid of my Gold Lightening Maroon clowns. Wouldn’t pair. One beat up my Wyoming Whites constantly, keeping them skinny and scared all the time, and the other one tried to eat me alive anytime he could. They looked cool but I hated them.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also like the designer clowns. I have a pair of lightning clowns in a 30 gallon tank,. I just love them. If we're making a wish list though, I wouldn't mind someone designing a blue (maroon) yellow striped lightning for my 180 gallon! :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back