The most beautiful Clownfish I've ever seen!

AquaBelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm holding out for when these are back out
waqdf02_n.jpg
Ha

Cae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had that pop up on my google browser yesterday. I didn't read the whole article but I did read that they'll obviously try to breed this "trait"/defect. Lord knows what they'll name them and what they'll charge for them too...
They'll have to call them Smurf.

rstrann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a purist but I love some of the designer morphs out there. I love the contrast of my black ice clown. The long fin is the only morph at this point that I think is just ugly. So. Ugly. I hope they let that morph die out, they look sad floating there like a beta.

TDS ZERO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I prefer the davinchis because the lines are cleaner and do not have the Blue coloring

Nice fish tho fosho!

stevieduk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are all these weird clowns coming about. are we messing with clowns like they did with goldfish now. we will just create a disease prone fish that cannot swim or reproduce. Why do people have to mess with nature , arnt our fish beautiful enough already

Denniswbliss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown fish hatchery Panama city Florida has clowns with lots of blue slashed all in them. I have a bonded pair myself. The first time I saw them I had to have them. I was born into this hobby as my pops had large systems my whole life.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started w a pair of normal oscellariois clowns from the movie finding Nemo. I even named them Cora and Marlin, and they are adorable. Every one has the own opinion what appeals to them. However w that said from studying Genics,
Bio and microbio I hope we are not destroying nature. There are so many issues w breeding dogs, horses, cats etc that yes they look pretty, but what about the life of the animal? Most of the time they get some other genic defects because sadly humans are terrible at the genic codes. It’s why the banned cloning of the human race. As much as humans help Mother Earth, we destroy it just as fast. Plus what’s worse is they charge large sums of money to do this. I mean clowns are not even on the endangered species list, but we mess w the Genic code. What about all the animals we could have saved if humans were not involved and or messed with? I know there is natural selection, but destroying rain forest just for starters doesn’t help.

klp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This popped up in my news feed on google and I couldn't believe how beautiful it is. Such a nice array of colors and everything. I just hope they breed well and get more mainstream!

blue-base-clownfish-770x473.jpg

https://reefbuilders.com/2018/03/05/blue-clownfish/
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It looks diseased to me and orange and that green do not work for me either. If they can breed the orange out then I would more apt to get excited over it. There is a nice array of colors but to me they just do not work together for me. Thanks for sharing as it appears they are doing with Clowns in salt water what has been done for years with guppies in fresh water. Very interesting. Thanks again for posting.

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my clowns too bad they did not survive the power outage for several days due to storm. My hippo and yellow did survive.

Gpettit721

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With clowns I look for personality over looks. I have two that will follow my kids around the tank. They get an absolute kick out of it and makes them enjoyntge tank more which in affect takes away ammunition from my wife.

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown is super sweet. She has never tried to bite but I’m sure that will change when I get her a mate and a BTA. Lol

klp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown fish hatchery Panama city Florida has clowns with lots of blue slashed all in them. I have a bonded pair myself. The first time I saw them I had to have them. I was born into this hobby as my pops had large systems my whole life.
What is the name or web address of the hatchery?

LanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started w a pair of normal oscellariois clowns from the movie finding Nemo. I even named them Cora and Marlin, and they are adorable. Every one has the own opinion what appeals to them. However w that said from studying Genics,
Bio and microbio I hope we are not destroying nature. There are so many issues w breeding dogs, horses, cats etc that yes they look pretty, but what about the life of the animal? Most of the time they get some other genic defects because sadly humans are terrible at the genic codes. It’s why the banned cloning of the human race. As much as humans help Mother Earth, we destroy it just as fast. Plus what’s worse is they charge large sums of money to do this. I mean clowns are not even on the endangered species list, but we mess w the Genic code. What about all the animals we could have saved if humans were not involved and or messed with? I know there is natural selection, but destroying rain forest just for starters doesn’t help.

Sometimes the opposite is true as well- in its simplest form, take a gander at heterosis (hybrid vigor)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back