the proper colouration of a Siganus magnificus…

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shoudlnt really struggle to get Nori suitable over here - Ive used the stuff from Waitrose, Tesco, Asda etc and all is fine. As long as there is no added ingredients and it is plain, with no added extras, seasoning etc. there isnt an issue using it.

Id still go to eBay to buy personally though. You'll get 500 large sheets for the price you pay for one packet of Ocean Nutrition.

FYI - Non roasted would be great and is availbale on the likes of amazon etc, but other than possibly being less nutritious (No idea if thats even true or why it would be) I dont see or have any issues feeding the roasted version. Fed it for years when i had my large tank and swore by it for colour.
Ummm now I feel stupid as never even thought normal supermarkets would sell plain nori.i never seen it there but never looked for it though but next time I'm at tesco I will look ,I'm guessing it be in the world food Isle.
Thanks

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shoudlnt really struggle to get Nori suitable over here - Ive used the stuff from Waitrose, Tesco, Asda etc and all is fine. As long as there is no added ingredients and it is plain, with no added extras, seasoning etc. there isnt an issue using it.

Id still go to eBay to buy personally though. You'll get 500 large sheets for the price you pay for one packet of Ocean Nutrition.

FYI - Non roasted would be great and is availbale on the likes of amazon etc, but other than possibly being less nutritious (No idea if thats even true or why it would be) I dont see or have any issues feeding the roasted version. Fed it for years when i had my large tank and swore by it for colour.
Ok tesco sells 2 kind of nori.wont let me look at the details unless I login with email and stuff ( ovbiously so can send me multiply emails per day of offers " junk")
But thanks for saying a place I go to least 3 times per week and never thought to look if got any.

( or maybe I have and my tesco doesn't sell it but we shall see next time I go there )

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220117-100035_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-100035_Samsung Internet.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 47

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, according to this not many of our Siganus magnificus aren’t what they should look like in the hobby.

I own this species of rabbitfish and would love to know how to get mine to look like the one pictured. Here’s a photo of mine in the 4’ tank.
F8EE2103-E2BA-4AEF-B0B1-DE9B23E717BC.jpeg
Not saying I know anything about using editing to make a fish look more vibrant than it is but that ReefBuilders photo looks a bit enhanced. Mine usually has some stress colors so this is a rarer sight but here’s mine on a good day.
IMG_2068.jpeg

Mine eats at least 1 full sheet per day and loves pellets more than anything.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s an old thread but my old fox never got those colours, my new one however has colours even better than the photos from Reef Builders. I guess it’s all just genetics.
IMG_0141.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back