Trying Out Dad's Other Hobby. What Does Everyone Else Do For Fun?

BillFragnormous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deejay and produce music or ride and work on my motorcycle. But reef keeping is currently my favorite hobby of the three, sadly though deejaying has turned into a 2nd full time job. Hoping to stop deejaying soon and begin coral growing and fish breeding, would love to setup a clown fish breed business someday!
What type of music do you produce? Where can we hear it?

T3CHED

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of music do you produce? Where can we hear it?
Most of my stuff that I have online is my mixtapes. My remixes I don't put out to the public just because Id rather not have other deejays and producers call it theirs. Sad to say but Ive seen it enough times where Im at the point, where I have a great job, so I just make mostly personal edits and remixes, but did some stuff for Pauly D and Biz Markie when I was a full time deejay in DC.

If your so inclined to listen to my music lol my mixtape site is http://www.hearthis.at/t3ched

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are my fire eel and pinecone pleco :)
Love them. That pleco is awesome! We have a albino bristlenose pleco and 2, Idk, black ones?? One was in our pond and we had an emergency one day. Our fountain fell over one night and almost all the water drained out so we quickly put straight tap water into the pond and all my koi and goldfish died, except the pleco. We already had the bristlenose and a smaller black placo in our freshwater tank so we put him in there, he loves it. He is King of the tank.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that done with smoke? I sat here for a bit trying to figure out what all was going on... I can't

It's a single 30 second exposure taken in a pitch black room with a light absorbing background. I then waved a red LED kids halloween light behind my head (while holding as still as possible) then flashed a blue light on one side of my face and then a red light on the other side of my face. When the shutter closed on the camera that's the image that was created!

No photoshop, just a single exposure with colored flashlights and LED glow sticks

Bob Bennett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my big hobby befor SW. Creating concrete scapes for reptiles and amphibians. My last work.
foto0380_by_grius-d6yf0ry_zpskoyjo3am.jpg
Very nice, I worked at Bush Gardens, Tampa Bay for over 20 yrs, was involved in every new exhibit and rides for all those yrs, just amazing what can be done with concrete , done some carving, but only repairs, we did everything that you walk on, others did the major carving projects.

anomeda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a cool exsperience for sure. I can imagine how hard this must be on a big scale.
I used to hang out on vertical artisians forum and saw so many extremely talented people. But the guy i guess caught everyones attention was Mike Vernelson. That guys work is just incredible.

Bob Bennett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a cool exsperience for sure. I can imagine how hard this must be on a big scale.
I used to hang out on vertical artisians forum and saw so many extremely talented people. But the guy i guess caught everyones attention was Mike Vernelson. That guys work is just incredible.
Was very cool, lots of manpower, structure, carving, and the painters, your very good at all three, here is a pick of a silly thing I made to keep controller and power bars in, in my travels have seen many old road markers, many in Jamaica, the sunken pirate town of Port Royal, arrg!!!

1495978415574779205247.jpg

anomeda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Thank you! That's very fun to hear from someone who has been doing this professionally"

That's cool and a good idea!
I have had plans using concrete to build like a bench or something for the tank.

Painting was the hardest part for me. I tried to find the popular acid stains i've seen alot of people use in the US, but sadly i was never able to find anything similiar in my country.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do special effects makeup. Kind of like what you would see on The Walking Dead.
Sweet! That's a first on this thread! Do you have any pictures of your work? Maybe not zombies seeing as this is a family oriented site :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back