Unofficial ReefBot and App Suggestion Tracker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score

UPDATE:

1- Unfortunately, Hanna reagents won't be compatible due to long-term viability issues with powder reagents on the ReefBot.

2- Starting with Batch #6, we'll gradually replace 3D-printed parts with more durable materials. Some parts may require time due to mold preparation.

3- We won't pursue a larger testing chamber for probes due to current model constraints. Instead, we'll focus on probe integration in the upcoming year for all ReefBot Lab models whether old or new.

4- All application-related modifications mentioned and others will be modified in the upcoming period to have a more user-friendly dashboard.

5- API-Access is on hold for the ReefBot Lab until after Batch #6, but it's a serious topic for future consideration.

6- The concept of a smaller device with fewer tests is similar to the classic ReefBot that came with 8 vial slots, if we were to dedicate a device for Nitrates and Phosphates only we would require at least 6 vial slots to accommodate most of the test kits on the market that come with 3 reagents for each. There are always new product ideas and projects that the R&D team is working on, and a similar model is definitely one of them, but not anytime soon.

Thank you, Frank, for your ongoing feedback. We value every suggestion.

Best regards,

MyFirstCar

View Badges
Reaction score
I'd love if the app could clarify what the difference between red sea alk high resolution vs red sea pro alk is, and if they both can use the same test kit?

I'd also love the ability to set a stirring test for any vial, not just the built in ones

OP
OP
Inamo

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
I'd love if the app could clarify what the difference between red sea alk high resolution vs red sea pro alk is, and if they both can use the same test kit?

I'd also love the ability to set a stirring test for any vial, not just the built in ones
I will add these to the tracker. The latter was something I mentioned a couple times myself.

The app/dashboard could use refinement. For instance when I use Red Sea to test for Calcium (which I don't recommend, nor will i use again after this kit) I have to mix a powder with a liquid reagents. It would be nice if the app provided the details. I have to go search for it in their help section each time to make sure I remember correctly, and the article is from 2022 when it was Beta. So I hope it wasn't updated.

To answer your first question, yes they are both from the same reagents. One will provide a higher resolution. An example, is the high res vs normal mag test. If I remember correctly the normal will give results in 100s, where as high res will give it in 10s.

MyFirstCar

View Badges
Reaction score
To answer your first question, yes they are both from the same reagents. One will provide a higher resolution. An example, is the high res vs normal mag test. If I remember correctly the normal will give results in 100s, where as high res will give it in 10s.
Interesting, my high resolution gives very different numbers to my low resolution

IMG_6629.png

Overall, the apps design and the manual could use a fair bit of work. I find a lot of the language unclear/confusing, and the instructions for working with powder reagents aren't there at all. I'm a real fan of the unit itself, and understand they're a startup that's learning, but I feel like I'm constantly emailing support to ask how things work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back