[Update] [Help] Dark Spot on Clownfish

Skyfyre22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I recently posted about a spot on my snowflake clownfish in a previous post: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dark-spot-on-clownfish.646032/
Per the responses to that post and advice from the LFS, I pulled the clownfish out of the main tank and into a QT. I started Furan-2 on Sunday. Since then, the spot still appears to be growing in size and has changed from dark to white. Prior to today it was white and fuzzy but the same size. Today, it looks hard and has increased in size. Should I continue with my current course of action? Now that it is changing and a little more visible, can we identify it better? Again, any help would be appreciated!
20190911_201941.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s one heck of an infection, I’ve never seen anything like that. I’d dose 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of epsom salt (to help with swelling) two to three days apart and get very aggressive with antibiotics — NFG would probably be best.

OP
OP
S

Skyfyre22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s one heck of an infection, I’ve never seen anything like that. I’d dose 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of epsom salt (to help with swelling) two to three days apart and get very aggressive with antibiotics — NFG would probably be best.

We can definitely add epsom salt to the QT. When you say NFG do you mean nitrofuracin green (new to the hobby, sorry if some of these questions are obvious-this is one of our first fish)? Like I said, we've added Furan-2 to the water since Sunday per the dosing instructions on the box. Should we change out the water completely and add NFG? Where would I be able to find/purchase NFG?

Also, is this definitely a bacterial infection by the looks of it? Could it possibly be fungal? I only ask because the Furan-2 appears to be having no effect whatsoever.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.9%
Back