urgent. help with BTA

marlzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i have a bta in my reef tank that just won’t seem to open up. i adjusted where he is and put him near my frag tray which is also next to my filter and he seemed to be doing better but he never fully opened up. he started moving a lot all over the tank but i don’t know what to do. need advice.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
hey guys i have a bta in my reef tank that just won’t seem to open up. i adjusted where he is and put him near my frag tray which is also next to my filter and he seemed to be doing better but he never fully opened up. he started moving a lot all over the tank but i don’t know what to do. need advice.
If you’re moving it, allow to settle on its own
It will not settle if:
There is too much light or water flow
Too little light and they shrivel up/shrink
Too much light and they hide
Too little flo and they move towards flow often reaching a power head
Assure salinity-nitrate and ph are not elevated and feed mysis shrimp or small pieces of krill 2x per week

Upvote 0

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Anemones are fussy sometimes, but if it is moving around, let it be. They go where they want, and it is usually next to a favorite coral! :grinning-squinting-face: Moving it where you want it only stresses it further. I would just monitor it, and keep it clear of any powerheads or moving parts.
If you could, please tell us more about your tank, such as age, parameters, and lighting. Also, pictures help too. Good luck, and Happy Reefing!

Upvote 0

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @marlzz, welcome to R2R!

They do this and will move wherever they feel they are best in the aquarium. They don't usually prefer high flow and direct light and in my experience, will typically seek out a location near a return or return flow in the tank. Most folks I have seen with BTA will attempt to keep a more open aquascape so they can manually feed these.

They do like to be fed and be aware they can get big.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Upvote 0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 106 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 33.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back