OP
nark54321

nark54321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you brought this up. I keep a real tight clutch on my systems. My friend came over one night and smoking on his vape like crazy in my tank room. I didn't think anything of it then he left and about 20 minutes later my kole tang was doing the death roll all over the tank. I panicked and did an emergency water change. He was back to normal in the morning. Honestly, It was the only thing I could blame it on. This dude was blowing fat clouds over my tank. I'm not saying for sure that was the cause but it just seems weird that that happened right after he was here smoking up a storm. Now nobody smokes anything in my fish room.

haha me and my friends make vape trick edits to post on vine and instagram and i baned them from being made in my room because it gets so boxed out! its not to bad if its just me and a buddy casually vaping, but all of me and my friends vape hardcore so well see what happens, the worst i can see is some VG (or vegetable glycerin, a part of what the eliquid is made up of and is not toxic in anyway to the human body) settling in the top layer of the water that will just get filtered out. i think

_Conway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha me and my friends make vape trick edits to post on vine and instagram and i baned them from being made in my room because it gets so boxed out! its not to bad if its just me and a buddy casually vaping, but all of me and my friends vape hardcore so well see what happens, the worst i can see is some VG (or vegetable glycerin, a part of what the eliquid is made up of and is not toxic in anyway to the human body) settling in the top layer of the water that will just get filtered out. i think
What about the formaldehyde ?
There are toxins in vaping

OP
OP
nark54321

nark54321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't vape = 0 risk to tank
Vaping= unknown risks
[emoji88] [emoji354] [emoji378]

the government will forever try to hammer false information into the media to stop vaping and saying it is bad for you because of backdoor funding from tobacco lobyest. they are loosing millions of dollars across the nation to the new alternative. With millions of dollars into finding negative research for the past months they have found nothing. there have been tests that formaldehyde shows up in vape but was done on a compliantly skewed experiment. California was recently exposed giving out false info and inconclusive tests about vaping. 90% of my family who smokes now vapes including my grandmother, uncles, and cousins, all feeling much better from quitting smoking and save money and are living a more healthy life style. Smoking is the past, Vaping is the future, And the future is now!

OP
OP
nark54321

nark54321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the formaldehyde ?
There are toxins in vaping

the experiment included taking the most ****** basic tank on the market, that uses silica wicking and bad grade kanthal (the resistance wire to create the temp to vape) and running 5volts through it for an extended period of time. when normally there would only be around 2.2- 3 volts going through it with airflow keeping the coil cool and at a safe level temp. they took it to the absolute extreme and made their results completely invalid.

_Conway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the government will forever try to hammer false information into the media to stop vaping and saying it is bad for you because of backdoor funding from tobacco lobyest. they are loosing millions of dollars across the nation to the new alternative. With millions of dollars into finding negative research for the past months they have found nothing. there have been tests that formaldehyde shows up in vape but was done on a compliantly skewed experiment. California was recently exposed giving out false info and inconclusive tests about vaping. 90% of my family who smokes now vapes including my grandmother, uncles, and cousins, all feeling much better from quitting smoking and save money and are living a more healthy life style. Smoking is the past, Vaping is the future, And the future is now!
The lesser evil

_Conway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From everything I have read, formaldehyde is only created when heating E-liquid to temperatures much higher than an ecig has.
Temp is a factor
Ecigs hard to tell some made in china
Vaping definantly has more control over temp and ingredients strength

_Conway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long term effects unknown as this so new
Congrats to all who quit smoking [emoji41]

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
girlfriend and i both vape and have been for years. i vape while cleaning tank and in fish room. have found myself un-knowingly blowing smoke accross my frag tank and have now stopped that but we both smoke homemade juice 33vg 66pg and have not seen any ill effects. our house it pretty big and has good air circulation, clouds dont hang around like i have seen in other places.

OP
OP
nark54321

nark54321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a lot of pg haha :squigglemouth: but thanks for the input fellow paper

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well when making your own juice you know exactly what your putting in it so no unknown chemicals.

everyone at work (restaurant) harasses me about it and i plainly tell them this. the juice is made up of vegetable glycerine, nicotine, and polypropylene glycol. WHne they say what the heck is that i go grab a few storebought dressings or condiments from the shelf and show them that it is in everything shelf stable that we eat.

kind of an eye opener for most of them who all they hear are the names of the chemicals and not being told by the media that they are used and consumed everyday by mostly everyone

OP
OP
nark54321

nark54321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well when making your own juice you know exactly what your putting in it so no unknown chemicals.

everyone at work (restaurant) harasses me about it and i plainly tell them this. the juice is made up of vegetable glycerine, nicotine, and polypropylene glycol. WHne they say what the heck is that i go grab a few storebought dressings or condiments from the shelf and show them that it is in everything shelf stable that we eat.

kind of an eye opener for most of them who all they hear are the names of the chemicals and not being told by the media that they are used and consumed everyday by mostly everyone

i agree! i also make my own juice :) i also sell it!

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make my own VG most times use a 50w I stick around 40w with a delta 2 tank and just casual 20w I stick with the Nautilus mini and all about 3ft from one of my tanks for a very long time now and no I'll effects at all

acidtablockshifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know much about vap, but glycol or anything thing like it its typical purpose is to penetrate the skin, when you take into account the surface area of your lungs, and how much nicotine is in one puff granted i know you can vap non nictotine, i mean i smoke so i'm not trying to be a hypocrite, i am very open minded, and i have tried the blue e cigs on a road trip, i dont think im switching anytime soon i guess i have to do more of my own research. I did find diplo's revolution video rather interesting, kinda depicts the future of all narcotics/addictions being a vapable face mask that no one can resist.

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know much about vap, but glycol or anything thing like it its typical purpose is to penetrate the skin, when you take into account the surface area of your lungs, and how much nicotine is in one puff granted i know you can vap non nictotine, i mean i smoke so i'm not trying to be a hypocrite, i am very open minded, and i have tried the blue e cigs on a road trip, i dont think im switching anytime soon i guess i have to do more of my own research. I did find diplo's revolution video rather interesting, kinda depicts the future of all narcotics/addictions being a vapable face mask that no one can resist.
I make my own VG vegetable glycerin juice a derived from soybean also used in the commercial food market as sweetener food preserve and thickening agent for some liquors so generally most of us consume VG in some form day to day and other than that just a Lil nicotine is added to my mix .. most commercial forms of e juice is a pg VG mix pg propylene glycol again most of us come in contact with that mainly in toothpaste and also used for a lot of other stuff to keep drinking water from freezing in cold areas is another use , no matter how you look at it cigarettes are way worst In 3000 or more different ways ,I also get people being afraid of e cigs its human nature fear what you don't know not calling anyone a sissy but education on this situation or any is always great knowledge is power and always useful most bad you hear is from people who get $ to say bad things or alter test to make it look bad cause as bad as cigarettes are and as many people as they kill everyday when it comes down to it they make a lot of people and a lot of companies a whole lot of $$$$ and they don't plan on that changing anytime soon so its bad mouth the competition now coming from companies that are back by a producers of a product that kills 1000s a day

Last edited:

Squid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many reefers out here in California (including myself) "medicate" lol in the rooms our aquariums are with no problems whatsoever.

InkJunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a Google search and stumbled upon this site. To start I've been wanting to try my hand at a nano reef tank for the longest time but my planted tanks keep me more than busy and eat up all my tank funds. One day....

Just starting vaping a few months ago, managed to quit smoking entirely, and have got my nic down to 3mg...so almost off nic all together. But recently I've noticed two of my tanks have have this nasty film on them, similar to what would happen if I forgot a candle burning all night. I syphon it off but it's back every day. Any thoughts from the die hard fish folks?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back