What tank brand is the best?

What tank brand is the best?

• Total voters

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly who's gonna vote for something different than they're currently staring at? Kinda like rooting for a football team even though they suck. GO CANES!
I voted IM and I have a Red Sea G2. I’m not swayed by brands much and look for the best at the price along with attainability. The IM EXT wasn’t out when I bought.

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a waterbox owner and have been quite happy with my tank however I would have to say Red Sea is the best overall. Their product stack is impressive and that sort of integration is a huge advantage.

I also have a reef casa. Generally I think it's splitting hairs to just look at a glass box and silicone. It's why despite not owning one, I have to vote for Red Sea.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that there a lot of tank brands and I most definitely did not include them all but I wanted to know what one you guys think is the best?
I just took a cheap (er) aqueon 120 and used that, dosent need to be anything special. Just hook up a good sump and it's good to go!

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't be happier with my Planet Aquarium tank, stand, and canopy. It's my first brand new tank. I've always had used ones. It's amazing what glass looks like not scratched up. Forget low iron.

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea reefer 250 and I hate it. Mainly hate the herbie valve or whatever they call it that controls water height. I spent more time adjusting water height then enjoying the tank. I’m not sure if it was user error or if it was broken when I got it already but it seemed like you could turn it 3 turns one way and nothing would happen for hours. Then I’d mess with it again and it’d be fine for a day or 15 minutes then be messed up again. When I put it back on line it’s getting a gate valve. Also don’t really like the sump layout. I feel like it could be bigger to accommodate equipment. Hopefully that makes it better? My next tank, whenever that happens, will be a IM peninsula I think. I really like the peninsula look.

KrazyWhiteRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RS G2 but would have easily bought the new IM EXT tanks if they were out when I purchased. Those tanks are priced exceptionally great and are built very well.

The best retail tank you can’t really get anymore is the Elos tanks. Those are so dang clean.
the return on the Elos tanks are dreamy!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back