• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB Bowser Paly

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually that was towards ddiver; his name's Billy too. He keeps after me 'bout those Bowsers. :xd:

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, yeah, what they said.

Something you'll notice is all these mentions of people's Bowsers melting. I know I have been refusing to frag mine for some time to let them grow and be, and I also know I haven't had mine melt on me...makes me wonder...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ddiver

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But why chase it if it's only subtle differences??? I don't get it man... Sorry never did haha..:tongue:

i guess i used the term kind of loosely, it's subtle to most but to fanatics it's night and day.I don't expect you or anyone else to understand.I guess i could say the same about you and sticks...:tongue:

OP
OP
ddiver

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and now knowing what i know about how many is out there, i toltally respect that brotha.I'd would hate to see it disappear from the hobby forever.
Oh, yeah, what they said.

Something you'll notice is all these mentions of people's Bowsers melting. I know I have been refusing to frag mine for some time to let them grow and be, and I also know I haven't had mine melt on me...makes me wonder...

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and now knowing what i know about how many is out there, i toltally respect that brotha.I'd would hate to see it disappear from the hobby forever.

Don't worry Billy, I promise to remain a tight-fisted coral hoarder. :wink::tongue:

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense but i probably wouldn't.I've seen plenty of CAR/CAO morphs and they don't compare to Bowsers.Unless you have/had or seen one in person, you wouldn't know unless you are a true collector and can distinguish subtle differences.I'm not saying you're not a true collector but there are a ton of people that are misinformed that thinks they know what they're talking about just because they have a few highend polyps.

I know and can account for everyone that have/had true bowsers.They've melted on almost everyone that had one and it literally grows 1 polyp every 6+ month at best if you're lucky and it doesn't matter if you get killer growth on all your other polyps.I've had plenty of people show me their "Bowser" colonies and i can't help but to be angry that they got my hopes up just to be let down.

Okay, lets make this interesting then Billy, I'll make you a bet?! I'll post a pic of my CAR's, which morphed into CAO, which then morphed to a so called "Bowser". If it does not resemble Zack's picture to a certain degree, you can keep the 10 polyp frag of Dragon Ball Z's that I recently purchased from you. But, if its pretty close (within 95-100 percent), you must refund my PayPal and still ship the 10 polyp frag. If Zack (no pressure buddy) agrees to be the judge, I'm all in. So, what do you say, you feeling lucky?

Last edited:

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, lets make this interesting then Billy, I'll make you a bet?! I'll post a pic of my CAR's, which morphed into CAO, which then morphed to a so called "Bowser". If it does not resemble Zack's picture to a certain degree, you can keep the 10 polyp frag of Dragon Ball Z's that I recently purchased from you. But, if its pretty close (within 95-100 percent), you must refund my PayPal and still ship the 10 polyp frag. If Zack (no pressure buddy) agrees to be the judge, I'm all in. So, what do you say, you feeling lucky?

You can't have a polyp "morph" from a CAR into a Bowser and call it a Bowser. Bowsers were not "created" by trying real hard to grow your CARs into nice CARs. A shiny turd is still a turd.

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, funny analogy! I definitely agree, my intension is not to call it a "Bowser." But on the other hand, I can't call it a CAR either because it almost has zero resemblance to its original tone/colors. The buyer would more than likely call me a liar. The point I'm trying to make is that corals constantly morph given certain conditions. Take the ORA Red Planet for example, VERY few hobbyist are able to maintain that solid green base. More often then not, it turns completely red. All I'm saying, is that it is impossible, even for a self proclaimed true Z & P collector to keep track of every single Z & P to hit the market. Now include its morphing capabilities that take place in various tanks, and who knows, maybe the "Bowser" could have very well steamed from a CAO.

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't have a polyp "morph" from a CAR into a Bowser and call it a Bowser. Bowsers were not "created" by trying real hard to grow your CARs into nice CARs. A shiny turd is still a turd.

I'll let you be the judge? Pretty freaking close if you ask me....

Zack's Bowsers (Please keep in mind that his photo skills are far better then mine).
bowser_19086.jpg

My morphed CAR's
IMG_8669.jpg

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! I always try and stay neutral when it comes to debates and what not. I solely base my opinions based on my experiences only, and not the "he said, she said" thingy. Obviously I had merit for my opinion.

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet Troylee! Looks pretty identical, even has the 2 green stripes passing through the yellow/red skirt just like in Zack's picture. I thought I was the only one with the "Ugly Ducklings" :)

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah last time we got into this I learned mine were ultra cars... I really wish a bowser was out there man I want to see the difference with my 2 eyes... I cooked them one time and my friends freaked when they saw them... Everyones jaw hit the floor and they were like dude!!!! What are those??? I just started laughing... Bleached out cars my friend... Never took pictures of them but you can see them in the lower right here they were almost white with a skirt that put utter chaos to shame in brightness... You can see the glow on them but the picture sucks since I was focused on the single polyp above them...I'll see if I can get a decent pic tomorrow of what they look like now..
e1101768.jpg

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats exactly the same situation regarding my CAR's. Except, mine are still looking just as nice. I was thinking about blasting them with more light, but based on your experience, I think i found the sweet spot. Not all Zoe's can handle the intense light, my Utter Chaos and my God Of Wars bleached out just like you mentioned above. My Nightmares are looking pretty sweet, even though they're not even red anymore. Ever since this happened to my CAR's, I started paying close attention to the baby polyps that don't get as much light as the mother polyp. If I like the color of the baby polyps more, I move the frag so that it receives less light. If I like the mother polyp better, the frag stays exact where it is. I follow this same principle with acans, although you have to be a lot more patient because it takes much longer for the colors to morph or revert back to their original colors.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look the same, to me at least.

Thanks,

Sonny
I couldn't agree more sunny... Wether there the same or not one polyp is $400 and the other is $10 a polyp.... I just Don't get the $390 difference or why anyone would ever pay it!!!!

Last edited:

JackoChang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't agree more sunny... Wether there the same or not one polyp is $400 and the other is $10 a polyp.... I just get the $390 difference or why anyone would ever pay it!!!!

Remember the LE thread? Same principle applies. Some people just want the name. As for me, still trying to get the morphing thing down.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 171 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back