• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB Bowser Paly

nycpassat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks spot on

I'll let you be the judge? Pretty freaking close if you ask me....

Zack's Bowsers (Please keep in mind that his photo skills are far better then mine).
bowser_19086.jpg

My morphed CAR's
IMG_8669.jpg

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has really gotten derailed...anyway my observation.

They look different to me, the size and color of the blue center is different, the thickness of the red, the amount of pigmentation in the fingers, the overall color intensity, and the yellow and red mixing are all different. The CAR morph looks like a wal mart version of the bowser in the comparison post. This argument reminds me of the strawberry wine/space monster argument, once the two polyps were photographed side by side under the same lighting the differences were obvious, also the old school eagle eye/ whammin watermelon argument. The differences I noted may be due to a difference in photography skills but to me the CAR just isn't as nice and clearly looks like a knock off. I don't want to argue just stating my observations as an unbiased viewer since I have neither polyp, but wouldn't mind both...infact we can settle this by someone sending a frag of each and I will do the comparison :)

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has really gotten derailed...anyway my observation.

They look different to me, the size and color of the blue center is different, the thickness of the red, the amount of pigmentation in the fingers, the overall color intensity, and the yellow and red mixing are all different. The CAR morph looks like a wal mart version of the bowser in the comparison post.

Your definitely entitled to your opinion. However, it sounds like your opinion is based more on the quality of the photos vs the actual frags themselves. Perhaps the reason why my CAR morph looks like a Wal-Mart version of the Bowser is because I actually purchased my Canon T2i from Wal-Mart. I assure you that Zack used a much better lens when taking his picture. I wish I could send you a Bowser, I just don't think they exist. My belief is that the original Bowser to hit the market was simply a morph.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your definitely entitled to your opinion. However, it sounds like your opinion is based more on the quality of the photos vs the actual frags themselves. Perhaps the reason why my CAR morph looks like a Wal-Mart version of the Bowser is because I actually purchased my Canon T2i from Wal-Mart. I assure you that Zack used a much better lens when taking his picture. I wish I could send you a Bowser, I just don't think they exist. My belief is that the original Bowser to hit the market was simply a morph.

If you were in the market for a watch, would you buy a $10 fake Rolex from some guy on the side of the road and be happy and consider it to be a real Rolex since it looks practically the same?

Billy (ddiver) did not ask "WTB Anything that looks like a Bowser" he wants the real deal. He has had them before, he knows the difference, he knows everyone who got them from the original source (which is easy to do since you can probably count on two hands the total people).

Hope you find your "Eleanor", Billy.

EpicWin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were in the market for a watch, would you buy a $10 fake Rolex from some guy on the side of the road and be happy and consider it to be a real Rolex since it looks practically the same?

Billy (ddiver) did not ask "WTB Anything that looks like a Bowser" he wants the real deal. He has had them before, he knows the difference, he knows everyone who got them from the original source (which is easy to do since you can probably count on two hands the total people).

Hope you find your "Eleanor", Billy.

That is the dumbest comparison I have ever heard. SD its time to just tuck tail and quit posting.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 183 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back