Show Me Your Rescue Corals

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show me your rescue corals! You know the ones- you see them sitting neglected in the LFS and you take pity on them or think that they could color up in your aquarium.

I got this Birdsnest and Acropora from someone whose tank had crashed and was leaving town. It was in pretty bad shape, but I thought it could be saved. Some of my friends saw it and suggested that I just frag out the good parts and save what I could, but I was too stubborn (or too lazy!). This is when I got it, complete with Teddy Bear crab:

DyingCoral3-8-10.jpg

Well, I got rid of the Teddy Bear crab after it started munching the tips off of my tricolor vilada. About a year later, everything has recovered and it has really grown. It is now serving as a shield to keep my RBTA from overrunning that corner of the tank!

BirdsnestAcro4-10-11.jpg

CJ

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really kewl. Did the flesh grow over the dead Skelton or did it just continue with new growth?

OP
OP
CJO

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On most of the birdsnest, it just continued with new growth. The blue polyps covered all of the dead part. The acropora seemed to recover fully.

CJ

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back