Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet they would be happy to give you a small piece as a testing sample, if it works, than it can open another market for them. I have seen a few other sunlit reef tanks, usually people end up adding a bunch of blue supplement to get the color they want. Adding that blue material, allows the spectrum shift to blue, eliminating the cost of adding all that blue and power consumption.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tank is absolutely gorgeous and very impressive. I am in love with your sun domes!

I also wish your family the best during the hard times. Keep being positive, brother.

And that last pic set was very nice, let's see some more!

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tank is absolutely gorgeous and very impressive. I am in love with your sun domes!

I also wish your family the best during the hard times. Keep being positive, brother.

And that last pic set was very nice, let's see some more!

Thank you, I will post more pictures, I'm trying to figure out how to do a time lapse video for a full 24 hour period.

md_burch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: 400 Gal in Wall Natural Sun-lit Reef

Now time to install the tank, tank dimensions are 72x36x36 1inch thick acrylic.
DSCN2132.jpg

DSCN2139.jpg

The tank is going to be fabulous. I especially think the mermaid adds a lot!

rollinlowgsxr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your tank looks amazing. i hope your not in one of the areas of new port richey that floods heavy.stay safe and hopefully we dont get alot of rain like with the last storm

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMAZING tank!

Thank you!

Beatiful tank, I love the natural sun light. I wish the best of luck to you and your wife.

Thank you!

The tank is going to be fabulous. I especially think the mermaid adds a lot!

Thank you, yes she does!

your tank looks amazing. i hope your not in one of the areas of new port richey that floods heavy.stay safe and hopefully we dont get alot of rain like with the last storm

Thank you! we're all good here, always high and dry.

amazing tank, cool build , wish ya'll the best

Thank you!

Techbiker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My prayers are with you and your wife, once I have a similar idea, and I was told that it can not be done, but just looking at your tank encourage me to follow your example of perseveration to accomplish any dream no matter what the obstacle could be.
Your set up is beautiful, and I don't think that anyone can come with a more natural, and so close to what this creatures really need after we take them out of their natural habitat, thanks for all that and more, you really and inspiration for any reef aficionado

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My prayers are with you and your wife, once I have a similar idea, and I was told that it can not be done, but just looking at your tank encourage me to follow your example of perseveration to accomplish any dream no matter what the obstacle could be.
Your set up is beautiful, and I don't think that anyone can come with a more natural, and so close to what this creatures really need after we take them out of their natural habitat, thanks for all that and more, you really and inspiration for any reef aficionado

Thank you so much, there were many times I though about breaking the tank down after we found out of my wifes illness, now seeing how happy it makes us I'm glad we stuck with it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back