Our 400 Gallon In Wall Natural Sun-Lit Reef

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I can't wait to see it again as it matures. I too live in FL just 2 counties north of you. I wish I could convince my husband to do the same with ours. Maybe Issac will cause a tree to fall on the roof and I'll get my wish...LOL My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I know how tough cancer is.

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I can't wait to see it again as it matures. I too live in FL just 2 counties north of you. I wish I could convince my husband to do the same with ours. Maybe Issac will cause a tree to fall on the roof and I'll get my wish...LOL My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I know how tough cancer is.

Thank you! Good luck with the storm, looks like we will get some wind & rain.

ccampo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup indeed.
I'm wishing you and your wife good health so you both can enjoy that tank for many many years.

Good luck with the storm

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man that is a awesome setup!! is there anyway to make those sunlight tubes work down to a basement?? lol tlkaing like another 8-10ft lower? hmmm would be sweet and save me tons on electric!!!

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup indeed.
I'm wishing you and your wife good health so you both can enjoy that tank for many many years.

Good luck with the storm

Thank you, The storm was a nonevent for us, just a little rain & wind.

man that is a awesome setup!! is there anyway to make those sunlight tubes work down to a basement?? lol tlkaing like another 8-10ft lower? hmmm would be sweet and save me tons on electric!!!

Thank you! You can run the tubes around 20 feet or so, don't know how you would run them through the first floor to your basement though.

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. The solar tubes are awesome.Love the penninsula layout and the rock stack looks natural. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just knowing i can run them that far will make me find a way to make it work!! thanks for the info! and hope you and your wife the best!

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. The solar tubes are awesome.Love the penninsula layout and the rock stack looks natural. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Thank you!

just knowing i can run them that far will make me find a way to make it work!! thanks for the info! and hope you and your wife the best!

Maybe in a closet? Or down the side of your house like a chimney

SnoQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I don't think I could get away with the tubes up here in Washington. I'd end up with a dark tank that grows moss and the occasional evergreen tree. :)

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I don't think I could get away with the tubes up here in Washington. I'd end up with a dark tank that grows moss and the occasional evergreen tree. :)

Thank you! Yea I don't believe the tubes would be that effective for you, but on a plus side you don't need to run central a/c 10 months of the year.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great!!! I'm interested in seeing how the tank will look with the net. I'm tagging along

Your wife and family are in my prayers.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This made me Laugh out Loud!!! It's not quite as bad for me in MI, but pretty close.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing setup. This is the first natural lighted tanks I've seen and the grat thing is, you and your wife webt BIG.

I look forward to the progressof your build.

We send ourprayers to your wife and family.

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have an update on the tank lighting, yesterday I added a light filter to the sun-domes it’s called ChromatiNet Blue. It’s a shade cloth, it reduces the spectrum of red and far-red light and increases the blue light spectrum I went with the 30% cloth. I’ll be watching it to see what type of effect it will have on the coral.

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back