Our 400 Gallon In Wall Natural Sun-Lit Reef

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow this tank is awesome! The Dimensions are perfect! Is it hard to maintain being 36" high?

Coraloliseffect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to have to find a way to copy your bar idea. Some how. Some way.

There is a local McDonalds with such a bar with a plastic decoration salt tank. Although not nice food really nice to sit at.

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really awesome tank. Love the bar :) Are you going to add more coral? Hope all is going well with your wife!

Thank you! Yes lastweek I glued in 35 sps frags, I will be adding many many more. Thank you were taking my wifes treatment day by day, its been a crazy month around here.

Going to have to find a way to copy your bar idea. Some how. Some way.

There is a local McDonalds with such a bar with a plastic decoration salt tank. Although not nice food really nice to sit at.

Thank you! Copy away, the granite cost me $150. cut and edged, the 3 brackets cost $27 and the 9 lag bolts cost $12. post some pictures when you do.

Very nice, really like the bar added to it.

Thank you!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, small update. Today I installed a granite bar in front of the tank, what do you think?

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg
something I've always wanted to do. it looks great. 1smile1

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all the great comments!

Sorry I've been lacking on updates, the past 6 weeks have been crazy. Our insurance company Aetna didn't want to approve a new chemotherapy for my wife, so I needed to hire a lawyer. She missed a month of treatment because of it and her cancer has grown back quite a bit. She is now back on treatment hopefully we will have some better results.

The tank is doing great! I'll try to get a new video up soon!

Joe

SUPPOReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspiring build. Most of the photos.are.from the.bar side.of.the.tank. Do you have top access on the other side? Anything you would have.done.differently looking back on the.build?

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just incredible and absolutely brilliant! More importantly, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

nycreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweeet tank!! i wish i could do this someday!! have you ever thought of just adding blue/purple t5s or led strips just to maybe bring out some color?

rkaragozler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jdpiii3, my thoughts and prayers are with you, hope that all was resolved with the insurance company, and she makes a fast recovery.
I read all 14 pages, and i give you a lot of credit on what you have achieved. Keep up the good work. And when you get a chance please
do put up more pictures.

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't even believe you can maintain a tank going trough all that. We will be praying for you. And by the way nice tank. Lol

Thank you!

My heart goes out to you and your wife - I wish her well.
Your build is incredible, to say the least.

Thank you!

Inspiring build. Most of the photos.are.from the.bar side.of.the.tank. Do you have top access on the other side? Anything you would have.done.differently looking back on the.build?

Thank you! I have a few from the back service side, I 'll take some more. As of now I don't see anything that I would change, maybe a larger pump room, or wider on the display 48 instead of 36.

This is just incredible and absolutely brilliant! More importantly, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Thank you!

sweeet tank!! i wish i could do this someday!! have you ever thought of just adding blue/purple t5s or led strips just to maybe bring out some color?

Thank you! I will be adding some lighting, it will be used for night time viewing. We really love the natural look, makes us feel like we're snorkling in our liveong room all the time.

jdpiii3, my thoughts and prayers are with you, hope that all was resolved with the insurance company, and she makes a fast recovery.
I read all 14 pages, and i give you a lot of credit on what you have achieved. Keep up the good work. And when you get a chance please
do put up more pictures.

Thank you! Problems with the insurance company are resolved for now, but I have a lawyer ready to jump at anytime. The lawyer hasn't charged us a dime for his services.

I'll be sure to take more pictures soon.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back