When to add ca reactor to system

  • Thread starter Thread starter EricB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EricB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gallon tank and had a pretty decent reef going until the MH cooked everything a year and a half ago. Tank sat dry until about 7 months ago. I will start adding frags as soon as my order from reefbreeders arrives (no more MH for me, lol). I have a calcium reactor, but it leaks and requires in-sump installation and I really don't care to have an overcrowded sump. That being said, I'm looking at buying a GEO 618 reactor. Since the reactor I have didn't really fit my needs I never set it up so I'm pretty much new to the reactor game. How will I know that it's time to get the reactor going? Prepare yourselves for a real dumb question.... Is it possible to overdose Ca w/ a reactor? Any kind of "Calcium reactors for dummies" links would be appreciated as well, lol.

Side note: not sure if this pertains to my post, but just in case: I do have a pH controller. Thanks in advance!
 
I finally got around to reading through these links. That post from the Atlanta Reef Club was especially helpful and answered a lot of questions for me. Thanks again!
 
Sweet! I'm setting up my new calcium reactor this weekend myself
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new