£20,000 Angelfish... Who wants one?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I had that kind of available cash I bought a pair of peppermints ...... a much better investment :confused:. What's 20,000 GBP in real currency these days anyhow?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much cheaper here up north :p

Screenshot_20180624-094409.jpg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch! BTW! I was not serious about the peppermints ....... Insanity!

Me: Chris, listen, I'm sorry about the whole college thing - I spent the fund on peppermint Angels.
Chris: that's OK dad, education is over-rated anyhow; plus they're stunning fish, can I see them?
Me: (momentary silence) ..... Well, actually they died .....
Chris: (withering look) ....

U

User1

View Badges
That is chump change for a few people for sure. However, I doubt it would survive long in the home aquaria due to the depth they are found. With regards to the great white(s) also in the surrounding area - not a big deal really. Should check out the fella who was collecting urchins around the Farallon Islands outside San Francisco. Lots of GW's in that area. Great area to scuba although no charters go out there anymore other than one group that does GW cage diving. Heck, they frequent Monterey and we dive there a couple times a year :)

In any case - interesting fish although I don't see the draw other than rarity. To each their own though so no judgements by me.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is slightly over my $200 limit per fish so I am going to say no :);)

My wife questions me purchasing a $36 Wrasse. I have to remind her that we don’t have a freshwater tank. Then she goes... oh yea.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife questions me purchasing a $36 Wrasse. I have to remind her that we don’t have a freshwater tank. Then she goes... oh yea.
Lol my wife is past that finally but I would probably have a hard time convincing her that a $26000 dollar fish is a good investment. I am guessing at that point she would remind me that I can't always keep the inexpensive fish alive :)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've certainly spent semi-silly money on a few fish, mostly tangs like gem, black and zebra; I 'justify' it in part because I don't spend more than $50 on coral frags :D

U

User1

View Badges
I've certainly spent semi-silly money on a few fish, mostly tangs like gem, black and zebra; I 'justify' it in part because I don't spend more than $50 on coral frags :D

I would actually pay you $50 dollars for some of your frags! Seriously though the way you describe it - it makes pretty good sense, right? It is actually pretty sound advice.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was one for sale at RAP Orlando this year, and if memory serves, it was $10k
There were also a bunch if Gem tangs for sale at RAP NY this weekend. A steal at $799.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo, both the Queen Angel and Emperor Angel are much better looking.

Like someone else said, they prefer deep water. I would be PI$$ED if I spent that kind of money and it died (and that is not a bad word, but this filter has a habit of blocking some words it shouldn't).

OP
OP
Prestigereef

Prestigereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo, both the Queen Angel and Emperor Angel are much better looking.

Like someone else said, they prefer deep water. I would be PI$$ED if I spent that kind of money and it died (and that is not a bad word, but this filter has a habit of blocking some words it shouldn't).

I woulnd't be able to sleep at night :p

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 117 78.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back