“Budget Dosing Pump”

  • Thread starter Thread starter Afrashz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2018
Messages
1,225
Reaction score
882
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, after about 6 years in the hobby I decided to start dosing. Better late than never I guess.

My question is does anybody have any recommendations on an easy to use, accurate and reliable dosing pump that I could get for around $100.00 or less. I will be dosing kalkwasser to my ~80 gallon system.

Thanks!
 
This is from there website

“The BRS 1.1 mL dosing pump is a very cost-effective yet long lasting stand-alone dosing pump perfect for trace elements and 2 part. By hooking the pump up to a simple timer or aquarium controller they can be one of the most inexpensive ways to get into an automated 2 part dosing system. With their peristaltic design, they will not back siphon and provide extremely accurate flow rates.”

Mine is hooked up to my Apex.

EDIT: overlooked that OP is dosing Kalk. This one is too slow, but BRS makes a 50 ml. Doser too.
 
Last edited:
This is from there website

“The BRS 1.1 mL dosing pump is a very cost-effective yet long lasting stand-alone dosing pump perfect for trace elements and 2 part. By hooking the pump up to a simple timer or aquarium controller they can be one of the most inexpensive ways to get into an automated 2 part dosing system. With their peristaltic design, they will not back siphon and provide extremely accurate flow rates.”

Mine is hooked up to my Apex.
Okay, interesting…I was thinking one with a build in controller would be easier for me but maybe not
 
You really need a more heavy duty and continuous style pump for dosing kalkwasser IMO

How much kalk are you dosing daily?
 
You really need a more heavy duty and continuous style pump for dosing kalkwasser IMO

How much kalk are you dosing daily?
I’m not yet dosing
 
I’m not yet dosing
It would be your daily evaporation rate. Mines around 1500 ml on a similar tank which means the brs doser would be on 24/7 which it is not designed for.... I would sell some frags or save up and get a continuous duty pump. Kamoer has a good one. I hate my ectotech so I'd skip that one
 
I’m not yet dosing
It would be your daily evaporation rate. Mines around 1500 ml on a similar tank which means the brs doser would be on 24/7 which it is not designed for.... I would sell some frags or save up and get a continuous duty pump. Kamoer has a good one. I hate my ectotech so I'd skip that one
Thanks!
 
You really need a more heavy duty and continuous style pump for dosing kalkwasser IMO

How much kalk are you dosing daily?
Thank you for pointing this out. I didn’t account that it’s Kalkwasser. Yes, the BRS 1.1 ml doser will not work. Sorry!
 
Welp, after about 6 years in the hobby I decided to start dosing. Better late than never I guess.

My question is does anybody have any recommendations on an easy to use, accurate and reliable dosing pump that I could get for around $100.00 or less. I will be dosing kalkwasser to my ~80 gallon system.

Thanks!
Single doser for kalk...this is the one to get kamoer X1 Pro T

Ran one for a couple years...flawless.
 
I’ve use 4 Jebao DP-4 for 5 years without issue but dosing kalk would significantly lower its life.

I paid $100 off Amazon.
 
I have tried several Cheaper Dosing Pumps, and I will tell you my experience is that they all pretty much suck, except the Apex. My Opinions: Jecod and Jeboa are strait garbage, kamoer didn't hold calibration. Most use crappy rubber that gets brittle with use and doesn't meter correctly then. I am a firm believe with Dose Pumps you are getting Exactly the Quality you're paying for, spend a little get very little quality.

I did finally buy a Neptune Apex system, and I have to say their pumps hold calibration pretty well and they are made with quality rubber material. Even using Tri-Lanthanum Chloride in one the tubes did not get brittle or hard.

just my 2 cents.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new