“Feeding” BBS waste water to fallow macro tank?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been letting some macroalgae lie fallow in a tank in order to deal with some ongoing ich and other nasties. But the lack of nutrients in the tank is really starting to affect the macros. Is it possible to feed the macro tank with used baby brine shrimp hatching water in order to ramp up the nutrients in the water so the macros will get healthier?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try cheeto grow, it should have everything you need to keep the macro algae’s going

OP
OP
ichthyogeek

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah...I don't use macroalgae ferts, since I'd rather they get their nutrients from fish/invert waste rather than anything else. Maybe if I bleach the BBS eggs beforehand, I can still get the nutrients without getting the nasties?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah...I don't use macroalgae ferts, since I'd rather they get their nutrients from fish/invert waste rather than anything else. Maybe if I bleach the BBS eggs beforehand, I can still get the nutrients without getting the nasties?

Some Algae won’t do well with just nutrients,
They will need trace elements to, if you don’t want to use fertiliser maybe do larger water changes and the brine shrimp eggs

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back