“Inspiration” for reef tank aquascape

joeg123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new marine x 110 that is currently sitting dry as I can’t decide on a aquascape, I have a load of Marco rock and shelf but can’t decide on how to set up the rocks, does anyone know of a place where I can see different aquascapes? I’ve had a look on google but a lot of stuff that comes up already has corals etc on it

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thr ead 'Tidal Gardens Aquascape'

Start there.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my first tank in 1988, got my open water certification in 1990. Came home from my first dive vacation and redid my tank. I've tried my best ever since to recreate what I've seen while diving.

What I've seen

3hCUGCYl.jpg

WAaCjqDl.jpg

gojXGMnl.jpg

ybbX3UEl.jpg

My current DT

A few years ago
cSBIL0Il.jpg

And more recently
jkAjDYrl.jpg

sLFbH7rl.jpg

The bottom line? If you like it, it's PERFECT! If you decide it's not quite right in a few months (or years) change it until it is!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my first tank in 1988, got my open water certification in 1990. Came home from my first dive vacation and redid my tank. I've tried my best ever since to recreate what I've seen while diving.

What I've seen

3hCUGCYl.jpg

WAaCjqDl.jpg

gojXGMnl.jpg

ybbX3UEl.jpg

My current DT

A few years ago
cSBIL0Il.jpg

And more recently
jkAjDYrl.jpg

sLFbH7rl.jpg

The bottom line? If you like it, it's PERFECT! If you decide it's not quite right in a few months (or years) change it until it is!
Nice pics. Their is not much sand on reef walls, lol.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new marine x 110 that is currently sitting dry as I can’t decide on a aquascape, I have a load of Marco rock and shelf but can’t decide on how to set up the rocks, does anyone know of a place where I can see different aquascapes? I’ve had a look on google but a lot of stuff that comes up already has corals etc on it
Do a search here.
Just type in aquascape.
Many scapes here to look at.

mosertree

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very nice. I like the open space a lot. As it fills in with corals it will be beautiful. I'd love to see a picture in a few years.
Thank you. We have enjoyed it so far. I’m hoping that it will continue to mature Beautifully.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thing.
Keep all rockwork away for the sides and front panel.
Make sure their is enough room for your scraper, I use the flipper, as corals grow in you will break them off if they are to close.
My digi is so close now that the flipper will hit it when cleaning the front glass.
20210130_130255.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back