How could i go qbout SECRETLY redoing aquascape.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.
I've kinda decided slowly over the last 4 months since u upgraded that I don't really like my aquascape.
It's basically a giant pile of rocks.
I also feel like I've lost alot of coral space.

I'm a really big fan of the giant ledge or cave aquascape. Where you can see fish in caves but also have plenty if sand space and coral space.

So how would I go about secretly doing this. I'm thinking about saying my rock fell if I ever get cought doing it.

I also don't want to loose anything. Most corals also are still on frag plugs.

20240117_075115.jpg

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Secretly? Caught? By who?

Anyways once when I redid my scape I actually plumbed in a rubber maid tub next to the tank. I took all the time I needed and it gave me plenty of working room without having to worry about messing the tank up or even cracking the glass. I was able to drill, stack, epoxy anything the way I wanted it.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe explain to her that you've learned that some of the fish need more spaced out territories and it will give more room for her favorite corals to really take off?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not reccomend trying to do it in secret. I would try to reason with her and explain what you want to accomplish with the tank. I've never been able to get a scape right the first time. If your newer to the hobby building a scape that you like is part of the journey.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could you build some of the base rock and just add your rock on top? Maybe leave some spaces shaped to cradle your rock?

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1705517052401.png

i want to get somethin like this. just with not as many sps...
i also need to take into account that the tank is like a peninsula. all 3 sides are viewed. mostly being the left side and the main panel. partly why the left side is so much more open than the right.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1705517052401.png

i want to get somethin like this. just with not as many sps...
i also need to take into account that the tank is like a peninsula. all 3 sides are viewed. mostly being the left side and the main panel. partly why the left side is so much more open than the right.
Thats going to be a little more difficult with live rock but not undoable. Youll need epoxy and something to break up the larger pieces. Possibly some thick gel superglue too. Its not a "quiet" by any means. I'd just tell her you are redoing the aqua scape prepare for noise.

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats going to be a little more difficult with live rock but not undoable. Youll need epoxy and something to break up the larger pieces. Possibly some thick gel superglue too. Its not a "quiet" by any means. I'd just tell her you are redoing the aqua scape prepare for noise.
I can make the chiseling quiet.
I'm going to tell her that there's going to be some noise and I'm working on another project for the tank.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back