“REEF ART” Not just passing gas twice.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When friends and family come over to our house, they can’t help but “stop and stare” at my tank as though it’s a priceless work of art. It’s quite entertaining to say the least.

I believe my “ongoing husbandry and maintenance motivation” is for them as well as for my fish/corals.
1. Is it just me or are “reefers” show offs?

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When friends and family come over to our house, they can’t help but “stop and stare” at my tank as though it’s a priceless work of art. It’s quite entertaining to say the least.

I believe my “ongoing husbandry and maintenance motivation” is for them as well as for my fish/corals.
1. Is it just me or are “reefers” show offs?
Yup! That’s why my tank is in the living room. If I am gonna bust my butt everyone is gonna appreciate it

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is next to window, it can be seen from street, people passing maybe 0.5m from it, and very often i look out and see people, mostly with kids, looking in tank....

Maybe i should try to sell tickets? ;)

Oredigger77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was the biggest problem with our first tank. We put it in my daughter's room since it was "her" tank. The only time I got to appreciate it was right after I did my weekly maintenance. Out of sight out of mind and the tank has mostly had poor maintenance though she loves watching her fish.

Our new 120 is my zoom background for work and I've had people stop meetings to ask me about the tank.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time someone sees my tank for the first time, they seem impressed. Then they say it, the dreaded words that make every reefer shudder. "Oh look, a Nemo!" Come on, people! Every time somebody calls my clownfish "Nemos", a year is taken off of my lifespan. You don't need to tell me that there is a "Nemo" in my tank, I know it all too well. I will be moving soon, and taking down the tank for the move. I think that I'll probably get pink skunks or clarkiis when I set the tank back up just so that I never hear Nemo again in reference to my tank. They also just love saying; "Look at all those funny green bubbles on your rock." Other than those two things, I love showing my reef off.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ignore tank.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back