“You Can’t Do That!”

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't use dry rock it causes problems. Sure. It can... Yes, I fought dinos and i won! It took 6 months. Lol. Hmmmm. You have to quarantine! Hahha @PaulB. Uhmmm. Nope. I have followed his style and it works for me. Gut health baby! Haven't lost a fish in 3 years.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Not a new guy, been doing reef tanks since 1995. It has always been said don’t add RO/DI water straight to the sump directly from RO/DI filter. I have 2 current systems a 120 gal, and a 65 gal. where a line runs directly from the filter to a float valve in the sump. Why not? Well, TDS creep is one argument. If there is how much? Cause I always get 0 TDS. Other argument the float valve can fail and cause too much water into the sump. Havent had that happen either, for reassurance I change the float valve about every 5 yrs.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people tell me I can't do something I tell them just because they can't do it, What makes you think I can't do it?
It's like when someone comes over to me with a dog and he jumps on me, the owner always says, Don't worry, he don't bite. And I say, Maybe he never bit you, but that doesn't mean he ain't gonna bite me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back