●●Educate me on TANGS●●

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d skip the Sailfin and go with a black or scopas but if you insisted it would be OK for a bit.

I am quite fond of convict tangs, I find them very underrated. If 3 inches or more they’re hardier, like many tangs, namely acanthurus. I do love a maggie (magnificent foxface)my foxface lo is cool as well.

Thanks for the kind words, I’m glad we have touched you in a positive way here. :)

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily How fast do you believe a sailfin would grow, roughly. If I got at a 3" length, how long fo you believe, it would be, before a problem.

Problem with black, or even some scopas, is their soooooo expensive up here, north of the border. Same as gems.

I completely overlooked I mention two Acanthus tangs. I'll have to select one.

As far as adding to display. Does the following sound about right. Get all my tangs. I run then through my copper all together. Run them through my qt2 all together. Then after all meds and observation, literally dump them all in tank at same time, and just hope for the best?

Also what about foxface. Do him with tangs all at same time. Or separate prior to display. And before or after tangs, does it matter?

Thanks bro

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily How fast do you believe a sailfin would grow, roughly. If I got at a 3" length, how long fo you believe, it would be, before a problem.

Problem with black, or even some scopas, is their soooooo expensive up here, north of the border. Same as gems.

I completely overlooked I mention two Acanthus tangs. I'll have to select one.

As far as adding to display. Does the following sound about right. Get all my tangs. I run then through my copper all together. Run them through my qt2 all together. Then after all meds and observation, literally dump them all in tank at same time, and just hope for the best?

Also what about foxface. Do him with tangs all at same time. Or separate prior to display. And before or after tangs, does it matter?

Thanks bro
My desjaddinis grow about 1” per year but it depends on a lot of factors such as individuality, feeding, water, genetics, age, etc.

By 6-7 inches IMO it would need a 7-8 foot tank. I would add the foxface either before or at the same time as the tangs :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back