☆☆ - Official Battlecorals Fall 2023 Grow Out Contest Sign Up Thread - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's insane! reef raft piece. kind of like a jawbreaker little cousin. lol. here's a little chunk I cut up a few weeks ago. was going to do one of those "blue finger holding the Coral" vids for IG. but I only took a pic. wasn't a vid. lol

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 5.44.11 PM.png
Adam, you really do need to do some more of these pics on obscure pieces.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, you really do need to do some more of these pics on obscure pieces.
Certainly ! Those are easy!!’ It’s the well composed site pics that I procrastinate to no end on lol

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi all. @Battlecorals ty Adam. Corals got here on time. Nice & Chunky. Dipped and in the pool. Polyp extension already. Appreciate the kaleidoscope. The purple on the tips. Hope I can keep it going. Will get a measure when I get in. Good luck all.
IMG_0311.jpeg
IMG_0296.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg

I'm loving these pics guys!

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7901.jpeg

hey guys I know the whole point of the bargain bin is to not have the names there's but I was wondering the names of them lol. except the blue ghost, humulis, pink lemonade, and that miyaga tort. is that another miyaga tort in front of it? thank you.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple questions that may have been mentioned but I probably missed. Would I be correct to assume the grow out frags need to remain on the holder provided for the duration of the contest? Also I have 2 entries coming and want to make sure it's OK if I place them in two seperate tanks? Thanks

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple questions that may have been mentioned but I probably missed. Would I be correct to assume the grow out frags need to remain on the holder provided for the duration of the contest? Also I have 2 entries coming and want to make sure it's OK if I place them in two seperate tanks? Thanks
You can remove them from the frag plug and mount them wherever or in whatever you like. As for the tanks, again to my knowledge, no issue. I know we’ve had people before move them from displays to frags and vice versa, so two separate tanks shouldn’t be an issue. @StatelineReefer @Battlecorals feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can remove them from the frag plug and mount them wherever or in whatever you like. As for the tanks, again to my knowledge, no issue. I know we’ve had people before move them from displays to frags and vice versa, so two separate tanks shouldn’t be an issue. @StatelineReefer @Battlecorals feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
The only real rule is the frag has to be measured on the plug for the zero measurement, but we're even flexible on this, as long as the measurement is clear and readable. After that, where, and how you grow it is entirely up to you!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only real rule is the frag has to be measured on the plug for the zero measurement, but we're even flexible on this, as long as the measurement is clear and readable. After that, where, and how you grow it is entirely up to you!
Base of the ruler on the top of the plug I assume so we don't get the thickness of the plug? Also height is the only measurement used? I'll probably grow an awesome bush :face-with-tears-of-joy: If this has all been gone over I apologize.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Base of the ruler on the top of the plug I assume so we don't get the thickness of the plug? Also height is the only measurement used? I'll probably grow an awesome bush :face-with-tears-of-joy: If this has all been gone over I apologize.
Measure from the bottom of the plug or the top. the plugs are a set thickness and I can usually detect any variation unless perspective is way off.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back