☆☆ - Official Battlecorals Spring 2024 Grow Out Contest Sign Up Thread For Class 2 - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200.gif

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also wanted to know who was making the graphics for these contests? I like em. I like em a lot. Fellow Photoshop enthusiast here, so I appreciate the work put in.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So those of us on the list, when should we reach out to Adam for payment/order?

Adam will reach out to you by PM with the link to purchase. Likely here in the next week would be my guess.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are AI images

Per Adam, these amazing graphics are brought to you by Dennis a.k.a. @d2mini

@Mhamilton0911 @GlassMunky

I've been a Photoshop-er for 15+ years, I can usually spot AI created "art", and I really felt this was the real human made deal.

Thank you @d2mini for still making awesome stuff.

I do like some of the ai stuff, but I also know what time it takes to make graphics and art and really appreciate the skill.

In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a Photoshop-er for 15+ years, I can usually spot AI created "art", and I really felt this was the real human made deal.

I do like some of the ai stuff, but I also know what time it takes to make graphics and art and really appreciate the skill.

Thanks! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Yep, Graphic Designer so been working with Illustrator, Photoshop and others since the early 90's. :oops:
I stay away from AI for moral/copyright reasons, although I do utilize proper stock images to help with my illustration deficiencies. LOL

Glad folks are enjoying them! My collection is growing! Anyone else?
Maybe Adam should make them into trading cards. The graphics on front and then the coral history/info on back. :cool:

1714319552262.jpeg

cjmunton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yep, Graphic Designer so been working with Illustrator, Photoshop and others since the early 90's. :oops:
I stay away from AI for moral/copyright reasons, although I do utilize proper stock images to help with my illustration deficiencies. LOL

Maybe Adam should make them into trading cards. The graphics on front and then the coral history/info on back. :cool:

1714319552262.jpeg
I think you are on to something with a playing card type format that would be awesome.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1714319552262.jpeg

That would be awesome! Have a regular series and a holographic series.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

oh yeah Dennis is the man! Ever since the raindrops on roses contest he's been my go to for all things graphics except for my silly sales flyers. I still fart with those. lol.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock onPer Adam, these amazing graphics are brought to you by Dennis a.k.a. @d2mini
@Mhamilton0911 @GlassMunky
I just saw so many new versions coming out so fast I thought he threw 1 into the AI and had it just spit back a bunch of different iterations.

That’s awesome to hear it’s actually a human doing it. As an artist myself I’m not too big into the whole AI art thing.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just saw so many new versions coming out so fast I thought he threw 1 into the AI and had it just spit back a bunch of different iterations.

That’s awesome to hear it’s actually a human doing it. As an artist myself I’m not too big into the whole AI art thing.
The Battle-tree may actually be a reasonable example, of human mechanics and AI working well together.

Here's the evolution.

Dennis (who's has already heard this story) made this image for the Blue Light Packs for me about a month ago. love this!
BC BlueLightSpecial Box -Stg1.jpeg

And for fun, I ran it through the "easter" AI filter and this popped out.
IMG_0970.JPG

And I thought "Hey that looks like a tree!! I love it! I'm going to have an Arbor Day sale!" So I took that, and it went from this.

IMG_0970 2.JPG

To this. I added all the sky, clouds and birds and stuff. No AI there

Absolutely normal arbor day sale-5.png

Then, I ran the final image back through the AI ringer to pump out the variations for this weekends shenanigans.

So, ultimately an amalgam of human and nonhuman creative processes went into it at least. If Dennis never made the blue light image I'd have never gotten the tree.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 8.54.36 AM.png

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back