☆☆ - Picture Entry - BC RAINBOW'S ARMY GROW-OUT CONTEST - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dewy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals posted this on Facebook the other day. IMG_1764.jpeg

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Battlecorals posted this on Facebook the other day. IMG_1764.jpeg
there is a dedicated thread!

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer

Here is my final photo of rainbows army!! I’m just happy I made it through to the end! I just started having success ( not killing them) with acros when this contest started.

Over the year I have not seen a lot of growth but the polyps have been out since day one. I feel like over the last couple of weeks I am finally starting to see more encrusting and maybe things will take off.
IMG_1653.jpeg
IMG_1655.jpeg
IMG_1656.jpeg
IMG_1657.jpeg
IMG_1666.png

And here is day 1 initial picture….
IMG_3239.jpeg
Just a fun update…. Mine decided to start growing height 1-2 months after the final picture taken above :grinning-face-with-sweat:
IMG_2817.jpeg

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just a fun update…. Mine decided to start growing height 1-2 months after the final picture taken above :grinning-face-with-sweat:
IMG_2817.jpeg
of course! the one thing about these grow outs, is that all too often with sps that first year is just the slowest period for sure. brutal in fact. We have talked about doing some kind of round 2 or something for contest frags after the first year. We may have to explore this more. looking good!

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
of course! the one thing about these grow outs, is that all too often with sps that first year is just the slowest period for sure. brutal in fact. We have talked about doing some kind of round 2 or something for contest frags after the first year. We may have to explore this more. looking good!
@StatelineReefer final entry.

IMG_1847.JPG

initial photo for reference.
1707336091117.png

and some other shots from today since I always bump things and make the polyps retract when I try to take photos with the ruler.
IMG_1843.JPG
IMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG

this has been pretty typical for the last year:
1707335845275.png

no3 started around 50 or so and I've gotten them back down slowly over the year to about 8-10 which is what I wanted. PO4 was around 0.15 and has bounced a bit over the year from 0.07-0.15.

also for fun: I got a laser melon with this shipment. its started looking super fuzzy lately which is a relief. Just waiting on some more color to come in. It was just brown and didn't do anything for like 6 months, expecting it to do some nice things this year.

1000001740.jpeg

IMG_1857.JPG
Yea, i've decided to not enter the lottery on the class one growout that's getting starting for that reason. I have a laser melon that I got at the same time as this growout and it's just now starting to take off. Getting great growth now, just a year is too short for the way my tank seems to do. I have no doubts that some of the others will have crazy growth in no time.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, 99% of SPS in my tank does nothing but just stares back at me like it’s saying who’s going to move First for at least the first year!

dewy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.9%
Back