☆☆ - Picture Entry - BC RAINBOW'S ARMY GROW-OUT CONTEST - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer I’m curious, how many of us are left?
I never thought I’d get this far to be honest. When I entered this contest as a 2nd to 3rd year reefer, my acro game was weak… but things stabilized and started working out for me about the time this contest came into play.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer I’m curious, how many of us are left?
I never thought I’d get this far to be honest. When I entered this contest as a 2nd to 3rd year reefer, my acro game was weak… but things stabilized and started working out for me about the time this contest came into play.
I have a head count of 15 that haven't quite dropped off. Although a few will if they don't check in.

Those that are left are few and far between indeed.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a head count of 15 that haven't quite dropped off. Although a few will if they don't check in.

That’s crazy. I’m honored to still be in the group! My frag looks like cousin It from the munsters but hasn’t done much other than encrust. Good luck to everyone still in this!

( Not a monthly update )
image.jpg

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s crazy. I’m honored to still be in the group! My frag looks like cousin It from the munsters but hasn’t done much other than encrust. Good luck to everyone still in this!

( Not a monthly update )
image.jpg
Stop putting yourself down. It's not an honor, it's a testament to your own skill and perseverance in reefkeeping!

And a fair degree of luck. Many of the frags that didn't make it really boil down to bad luck. An alk spike, a temperature fluctuation, dropping off of where they were placed...

But never sell yourself short! One of the best things about these growout contests is they allow us to look at what we, and other people, are doing, and find ways to find success! Keeping this frag going for six months, and growing (Even if it's just encrusting) IS success.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I blame myself. This was not an ideal acro for a grow out. Cool acro? Definitely just a slow burner. To everyone still in. Keep up the good work! They are looking good.

to all that have fallen out. We’ll work something out for you for the next contest in spring or summer. Promise! I want these to be fun. Not deflating

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I blame myself. This was not an ideal acro for a grow out. Cool acro? Definitely just a slow burner. To everyone still in. Keep up the good work! They are looking good.

to all that have fallen out. We’ll work something out for you for the next contest in spring or summer. Promise! I want these to be fun. Not deflating
It’s all good. My buddy has a bunch of acros that grow very quickly but he is the first to say that my slow growers have much better colors. I’m in this hobby for the long haul anyway!

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm officially out. Frag gave it up even though I have a larger Rainbows Army in the tank that is shaggy as hell and doing amazing. So many mysteries to this hobby. Congrats to all who are still in this one. I'm signed up for the Fall grow out with HellsTrollman.

Cheers,
Chris

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm officially out. Frag gave it up even though I have a larger Rainbows Army in the tank that is shaggy as hell and doing amazing. So many mysteries to this hobby. Congrats to all who are still in this one. I'm signed up for the Fall grow out with HellsTrollman.

Cheers,
Chris

Sizzlingreef14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Cheers,
Chris
I feel that I lost the space laser Growout frag even though my large space laser is doing great….. mysteries abound in this hobby!!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back