0 Nitrate Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was just a joke really, no need to spend time writing a formal response. I was just joshing you mate. Besides, the metric system didn't put the first man on the moon either:)

You'd think with all that time they save using the metric system that they should develop a few other skills like humor

DrEggroll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three generations ago my family was living in Italy, so I've zero feelings about a war 246 years ago.

I made an actual funny about a ridiculous measurement system, and you thought it was funny to reference a war which neither of us, our parents, our parents parents, our parents parents parents (I could go on a few more time, but you get the idea), were even involved in.

Don't let facts get in the way of humour ah?

Reference the moon landing. Ok?
Do some research as to why the computing systems were so complicated on the Apollo, it was because of the ridiculous imperial system trying to integrate with components from the rest of the world using metric.
Other than America being a cash cow, history has shown that the vast majority of the engineering and design was from German scientists, which the US took in so that Russia couldn't.

Is that twice you've now tried to be funny, and twice I've proven you wrong with facts and logic?

Again though, let's not allow facts to get in the way of a cheap dig.

Keep em coming.

Anyway, don't you have any reef keeping you could be doing?

Would maybe stop your "yapper", be sure to measure your salt with a "bushel" and not a "tablespoon", you might think I'm "uppity", and I'm all "tore up" about it, now why don't you run along and go cook some "tators" or gimme some of that "sweet talkin", "y'all" have a good day now.

See, cheap humour :)
You sound like you have a lot of friends....

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People getting their feelings hurt over the internet, Ha ha!

But yeah, we could have gone metric years ago if people weren't so afraid of change. I do a lot of woodworking and constantly doing math in my head, adding and subtracting fractions, is a giant PIA and leads to mistakes. Doing everything in tens is just so easy, I think Americans can't admit it's better because it wasn't our idea.

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sound like you have a lot of friends....

This is a reefing forum, not Twitter.
If you want to harass people, go elsewhere.

This had nothing to do with you, why did you feel the need to pile on?
If you have nothing constructive to say, then say nothing at all.

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People getting their feelings hurt over the internet, Ha ha!

But yeah, we could have gone metric years ago if people weren't so afraid of change. I do a lot of woodworking and constantly doing math in my head, adding and subtracting fractions, is a giant PIA and leads to mistakes. Doing everything in tens is just so easy, I think Americans can't admit it's better because it wasn't our idea.

Same message to you as above.
Who exactly asked you to get involved? Who's feelings are hurt exactly? Grow up.
If you want to pile on people, use Twitter.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you all still fighting? This is why we can't have nice things.
(also imperial measurements are dumb, im american and my gf hates that I rattle off measurements in metric lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back