0 nitrates

Joe.Reef805

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2016
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Camarillo
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tested my water because my chaeto hasn’t been growing since I first added it when my cycle was complete. I tested 0 Nitrate and 0.25 phosphate. Shouldn’t my nitrate not be at 0 since my phosphate is at .25? It’s a 25g with 5 small fish. Feed 2x a day
 
What test kit are you using?
5 fish in a 25 gallon is a very full tank getting fed twice per day should provide plenty of nutrients.
Is chaeto growth your goal? Are there corals in the tank, how are they doing? What kind of light do you have on your chaeto?
 
I’m 0 nitrates too….not sure if that’s a problem?

IMG_1726.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg
IMG_1751.jpeg
 
Randy, do you dose manually all at once per day or do you have a doser?
I have a BRS 1.1 mL per min doser I use, but 0.1 ppm once or twice a day manually is fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new