0 TDS from RODI but 23

leighton.bingham

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2022
Messages
310
Reaction score
190
Location
Lewisberry, pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like the title says I have 0 TDS when it comes out of the RODI and in the mixing barrel that was just cleaned its 23. Is this normal? Its a 35 gal brute trash can.
 
Are you using the same meter?


Do you mix saltwater in the barrel? Residual salt is going to add tds,which is fine.
 
23 tds is very low for a barrel that's had anything in it. Only test tds of your rodi in a freshly cleaned and rinsed (in rodi) glass.
 
I did that once and my tds in the bucket where I mix salt was over 200+. If the rodi is saying 0 it's fine.
My RODI is 0 so it should be fine. But still 23 in the barrel. We have cats and the cats were drinking out of the barrel so I finally bought a lid and just making sure its good as possible.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new