Autoaqau Sato-120p auto top off

Skimmer Reef Octopus Classic 150INT

110g

Finnex titanium heater 300watt

2 jebao OW-40 wave makers

Eshopps Reef sump RS-200

About 90lbs of dry rock.

2 Hydra Twenty Six Hd LED

Decided to do a DSB. If I start to see issues I’ll suck out the sand and go to a SSB.

Just added two clownfish yesterday and a crab just to make sure everything will stay stable.

F86775A5-74AE-44A4-88D6-EE69F438ABB0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dimmy007

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9 Month Tank Update: Well it certainly has been a journey. Here we are 9 months later. A couple different aquascape changes. Some that were not planned. Lost a couple fish unfortunately. Also battled GHA for about 4 months. The past couple weeks I finally added my first corals. Also participated in @CherryCorals and @AquaSD Live sales so have some more frags coming. In the updated photos you can see I decided to get away from filter socks. In its place I went with a refugium. Main reason was because of the GHA. But also after some research and learning I decided in my case filter socks can be more of an issue than not. I have 3 sets of socks and would clean and swap them out, but there would be times the crap that was caught could sit in there longer than I wanted. I feel like now I have my skimmer dialed in and it is working great. Corraline is growing. So I feel like I am ready for the corals. I know most say to wait for the one year mark, but because coralline is growing and surviving I should be ok. As for the lights I decided to use a preset off the signature series from aqua illuminations website. So far I really like it because it gives the tank a good amount a blue and white. I definitely want to thank a lot of the members of this forum. Everyone has been very helpful. Lots of opinions, mostly because certain things work for certain people. So still have to put in your own time to figure out what will work on your own tank. Had a blast with the Secret @Santa Claus ! Thanks to @revhtree for all that you guys do. SO heres to another 9 months!
image1.jpeg
IMG_9914.jpg

OP
OP
Dimmy007

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
I have been fallow for 6 weeks. After a velvet outbreak I lost all 8 of my fish. Tuesday the new fish are coming out of quarantine and into the display. Basically once I went fallow I felt like my tank crashed over and over. I had a cyano outbreak. Used chemi clean and immediately after that, I had some form of dinos. Luckily I was able to eradicate those within a week. I basically refreshed my fuge with new chaeto and just kept my blues on for a week. After that my rocks started turning that lime green and lots of coraline popping up. Some GHA but not much. Im ok with that as it should help feed the tangs coming in. Today this is what the tank looks like.

IMG_0381.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back