20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Updated, and improved stocking list. Thoughts? Especially thoughts about order of introduction?
2 clowns(have)
2 bengali cardinalfish(arrive Friday, let's hope they play nice)
1 Fox face
1 Starry blenny
1 Pyramid butterfly
1 Springeri damselfish
1 Halichoeres chrysus
1-2 Mccoskers flasher wrasse(single or male and female????)
1-2 Cirrhilabrus rubripinnis(single or male and female????)
1 Ctenochaetus truncatus(square tail bristle tooth tang)
Sand sifting goby?
Leapord wrasses when I'm confident I can keep an "expert only" fish alive lol
A choati leopard can be difficult no matter what, but other leopards, if they arrive healthy, can be very easy. M. bipartitis, meleagris, ornatus and also negrosensis can do well. They are just horrible horrible shippers and break their jaws/backs slamming into the bottom of the bags--natural instinct is to dive into the sand when they're scared.
 
I'd avoid with Halichoeres as well.
Avoid having multiples or avoid all together?
I thought the big thing about flasher wrasse' was the courtship display? :thinking-face: interesting!
 
A choati leopard can be difficult no matter what, but other leopards, if they arrive healthy, can be very easy. M. bipartitis, meleagris, ornatus and also negrosensis can do well. They are just horrible horrible shippers and break their jaws/backs slamming into the bottom of the bags--natural instinct is to dive into the sand when they're scared.
Yes be sure to have a container with sand in your QT setup if you have one. When I put mine in my QT tank it dove into the sand in the container and stayed there for a few days. I tight it might have died but then it came out ready to eat and be social.
 
Avoid having multiples or avoid all together?
I thought the big thing about flasher wrasse' was the courtship display? :thinking-face: interesting!
Mulitples of the same one.
 
Avoid having multiples or avoid all together?
I thought the big thing about flasher wrasse' was the courtship display? :thinking-face: interesting!
Multiples of the same. When any males fairies + flashers are around, they can display. This is because the females of all of them all look the same. So the males show off among other types of fairies/flashers o the females know who to get freaky with.
 
You have so many great options! I look forward to seeing what you decide on! I plan on adding more to my tank as well and am still researching to decide for sure what I want to go with.
 
Multiples of the same. When any males fairies + flashers are around, they can display. This is because the females of all of them all look the same. So the males show off among other types of fairies/flashers o the females know who to get freaky with.
So a male flasher will potentially display at a female fairy? And vice versa? So really one flasher and one fairy 1 male and 1 female should be ideal?
 
You have so many great options! I look forward to seeing what you decide on! I plan on adding more to my tank as well and am still researching to decide for sure what I want to go with.
So many names to look up and research lol. I didnt realize there were so many wrasse!
 
Tailspot also are adorable and have great personalities... ;) :face-with-tears-of-joy::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
;)
1000125917.jpg
 
I'm off to bed everyone I hope you all have a good rest of the night and sleep well when the time comes!
Good Night Sleeping GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
I oughta do the same soon. Gonna make a glass of tea and settle down
 
I mean... worse case scenario, the blennies fight and I try and catch the tailspot and put the clowns and it in a smaller tank :thinking-face:
Very good option!!!
 
Oh what kind of tea? I love a good tea...
Probably a "sleepytime" tea. Over the last 2 weeks I worked 2 days, had 5 of for Christmas break, worked 2 days, had 5 off for new years :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: my sleep schedule is messed up bad lol
 
And in a great mug!!!
I have a mug that i got like 11 or 12 years ago. I REALLY like it, but could never find anything else i liked. So the wife used Google lens and found the exact mug, and found out that they were being discontinued and bought 6 of the mugs, plates,bowls,big soup bowls, desert plates and a serving bowl before they ran out as a Christmas gift. I love those mugs so much!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new