20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
So a male flasher will potentially display at a female fairy? And vice versa? So really one flasher and one fairy 1 male and 1 female should be ideal?
Yup, but I think in the presence of other males they flash. It can be difficult to find female flashers and fairies because they all look the same and are hard to tell apart -- distributors don't bother collecting them. One exception seems to be the rhomboids, since the females are more distinctive. I always request female fairies and flashers. So far have gotten none of them, although I'm waiting on a female rhomboidalis.
 
I have 2 of the old version of these as well:

1000006138.png
Do you have a not 200$ feeder that you think works well and suggest? And i suppose I could build a little shelf here and set the feeder(s) on it. Banana for scale
1000002954.jpg
 
Jeez you guys are making pages like it's nothing. I'm gone for a few hours and come back to 5 pages! That's just too much for me to go through right now.

Anyways, water has started to overflow into my overflow!

Good night folks. Back to normal for me tomorrow, after having two weeks off. It was nice but all good things must come to an end.

20241225_153728.jpg
 
Jeez you guys are making pages like it's nothing. I'm gone for a few hours and come back to 5 pages! That's just too much for me to go through right now.

Anyways, water has started to overflow into my overflow!

Good night folks. Back to normal for me tomorrow, after having two weeks off. It was nice but all good things must come to an end.

20241225_153728.jpg
I'm about in the same boat.. didn't have two weeks off but worked a total of 4 days non consecutively over the last 2 weeks. Good night!
 
Do you have a not 200$ feeder that you think works well and suggest? And i suppose I could build a little shelf here and set the feeder(s) on it. Banana for scale
1000002954.jpg
I have a Plank. It's great. My Eheim is nice but the cheapo Amazon feeders keep the food more dry AND reload easier. Plank is the easiest to refill and use but more expensive and requires timers. Dialing in is done in minutes (or seconds if you can get a second timer).
 
Jeez you guys are making pages like it's nothing. I'm gone for a few hours and come back to 5 pages! That's just too much for me to go through right now.

Anyways, water has started to overflow into my overflow!

Good night folks. Back to normal for me tomorrow, after having two weeks off. It was nice but all good things must come to an end.

20241225_153728.jpg
Same. 2 weeks off and I'm back to work tomorrow.
 
Do you have a not 200$ feeder that you think works well and suggest? And i suppose I could build a little shelf here and set the feeder(s) on it. Banana for scale
1000002954.jpg
Also check Etsy for add-ons for rimmed tanks. With yours you could just take an eheim and sit it right on top of your tank. Are you going to change out the egg crate? You can build a simple corner platform to place the Eheim on top. Once your frequent eaters are used to the dry foods, it becomes very easy. I use a wifi outlet to turn off the return pumps for feeding time so everything doesn't go into the overflows. Most everything gets eaten and if not... bristleworms.
 
Also check Etsy for add-ons for rimmed tanks. With yours you could just take an eheim and sit it right on top of your tank. Are you going to change out the egg crate? You can build a simple corner platform to place the Eheim on top. Once your frequent eaters are used to the dry foods, it becomes very easy. I use a wifi outlet to turn off the return pumps for feeding time so everything doesn't go into the overflows. Most everything gets eaten and if not... bristleworms.
I was thinking about doing a screen top in the near future so as to prevent any fish escapes but haven't made any big jumps or even researched it much. I was going to buy a feeding ring to place under the feeder though
 
I have a Plank. It's great. My Eheim is nice but the cheapo Amazon feeders keep the food more dry AND reload easier. Plank is the easiest to refill and use but more expensive and requires timers. Dialing in is done in minutes (or seconds if you can get a second timer).
I would love the plank but man, that's a big chunk of change. Is it that much better than all the other ones that cost 40$? And does it lock you into their type of food or is it still pretty versatile?
 
I would love the plank but man, that's a big chunk of change. Is it that much better than all the other ones that cost 40$? And does it lock you into their type of food or is it still pretty versatile?
It is versatile. The main benefit in my opinion is their auger system. It pushes out a relatively consistent amount of food. My Eheim varies a lot. I had to superglue the food door between two settings because the bigger one dumled massive amounts of NLS pellets and the smaller dumped none. Now it is about right, but occassional larger pellets get jammed and in a few days nothing is getting through again, so I have to regularly dislodge them so food comes out.

Other benefit I suppose is their pump that reconstitutes freeze dried food.
 
It is versatile. The main benefit in my opinion is their auger system. It pushes out a relatively consistent amount of food. My Eheim varies a lot. I had to superglue the food door between two settings because the bigger one dumled massive amounts of NLS pellets and the smaller dumped none. Now it is about right, but occassional larger pellets get jammed and in a few days nothing is getting through again, so I have to regularly dislodge them so food comes out.

Other benefit I suppose is their pump that reconstitutes freeze dried food.
How long does your eheim last between refills?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new