20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I have the Apex feeder and I’ll say it’s marginal. I dont love it and marginally hate it.
I've heard that kind of opinion on it before
 
Jeez you guys are making pages like it's nothing. I'm gone for a few hours and come back to 5 pages! That's just too much for me to go through right now.

Anyways, water has started to overflow into my overflow!

Good night folks. Back to normal for me tomorrow, after having two weeks off. It was nice but all good things must come to an end.

20241225_153728.jpg
Good night Walker!
Take it easy tomorrow.
 
I've heard that kind of opinion on it before

It feeds the food, has an easy to adjust door, but it’s noisy, slow, and is a little bit of a pain to load pellets into.
 
It feeds the food, has an easy to adjust door, but it’s noisy, slow, and is a little bit of a pain to load pellets into.
But it works right? Lol
 
I would love the plank but man, that's a big chunk of change. Is it that much better than all the other ones that cost 40$? And does it lock you into their type of food or is it still pretty versatile?
Not necessary. I think my cheapos work just as well but the Plank can use powdered food for corals.
 
I would love the plank but man, that's a big chunk of change. Is it that much better than all the other ones that cost 40$? And does it lock you into their type of food or is it still pretty versatile?
I actually mix all kinds of food into my Plank. Flake, pellets, Reef Roids, etc.
 
If im looking at the correct thing, those bubbles you are seeing is located in the seams, which is the main way the panels of a tank are held together. You don't want to see bubbles there... so now you'd have to completely take apart this tank in order to save it. How big of a tank is this?
155 bowfront :/
 
I prefer Petco for fish, especially Bettas. So much easier to say no at PetSmart for me.
Mine has decent bettas usually. Petco is too far.

I almost succumbed. I didn’t. I was strong. I regret everything lol.
IMG_0426.jpeg
 
Mine has decent bettas usually. Petco is too far.

I almost succumbed. I didn’t. I was strong. I regret everything lol.
IMG_0426.jpeg
I don't think I could resist that one it would be stunning when in a better environment.
 
Nice long body, but $20 was more than I wanted to spend.

I do have three tanks I could technically set up but I don’t have a real spot for them lol. That was my reasoning for passing.
 
Nice long body, but $20 was more than I wanted to spend.

I do have three tanks I could technically set up but I don’t have a real spot for them lol. That was my reasoning for passing.
A spot can be found... lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new