20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Sad morning here, something killed Yellow (canary) and the bad thing is that I don't know what it was, but I'll find out and that day will be his last. Now I have to see what I tell Jason because he is the one who gave him food and water and came to the patio every day.
So sorry Luis.
Good vibes....
 
I'm 99% sure it was a Blue Jay that killed Yellow, those mf kill the little bird to take the head to the female as a trophy, I had been seeing one near the house but since it had not come close to my patio I had not wanted to kill it and by not doing so this happened
 
I'm 99% sure it was a Blue Jay that killed Yellow, those mf kill the little bird to take the head to the female as a trophy, I had been seeing one near the house but since it had not come close to my patio I had not wanted to kill it and by not doing so this happened
I did not know blue Jay's were conquistadors! That's crazy... I'm so sorry you had to deal with that..
 
CD3DC4EA-F3DB-42F5-9DB5-76FA337C9975.jpeg
I think Tim posted this a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Absolutely hilarious!
 
I am unmoved by your pictures of people eating tasty animals. I have left your heard for the vegans suffering with untasty lentils, garbanzo, kale, and all manner of beans. That roar in the background is my stomach processing all the gaseous fiber rich first generation proteins. I leave you all to ponder the mistakes you are making in your chosen diets. What you are still unmoved?
 
I am unmoved by your pictures of people eating tasty animals. I have left your heard for the vegans suffering with untasty lentils, garbanzo, kale, and all manner of beans. That roar in the background is my stomach processing all the gaseous fiber rich first generation proteins. I leave you all to ponder the mistakes you are making in your chosen diets. What you are still unmoved?
Dinner Eating GIF by Queens of the Stone Age
 
In all seriousness I have made a dietary change due to cholesterol levels and just a generally better overall health. But then again I was raised vegetarian until I strayed as a young adult. Once in a great while I have a little steak, fish or even chicken. But my numbers are much better and I feel great in general. But my lifestyle has its bumps when trying new vegan recipes. Like anything some recipes are better than others.

Have a great day all!
 
In all seriousness I have made a dietary change due to cholesterol levels and just a generally better overall health. But then again I was raised vegetarian until I strayed as a young adult. Once in a great while I have a little steak, fish or even chicken. But my numbers are much better and I feel great in general. But my lifestyle has its bumps when trying new vegan recipes. Like anything some recipes are better than others.

Have a great day all!
I'm making dietary changes as well, mostly just avoiding fried and processed foods because of cholesterol issues. I'm also trying to get back into going to the gym. It takes determination that's for sure
 
do any of you have advice for me on a scoly? its my first and as you can see its starting to pull away from its skeleton. i reached out to the seller and they didnt have any advice for me. ive had it about a month i think
Resized_20250106_152527_1736294301968.jpeg
 
I get up at 5 most every morning so i can spend time with my husband before we have to start our work day. But yes part of that time includes taking care of all our dogs and the cat and my horse. I leave the house around 7:10 to take my son to school.
That's awesome! That sounds like something my wife and I would do. I may have a beard and go wade fishing for sharks periodically, but I am still a bit of a romantic down in there somewhere!
 
im so sorry luis. thats awful. i had no idea a blue jay would do that! how in the world can it do that through a bird cage??
Its beak is strong and when it sticks to the cage it scares the birds and then I don't know how it bend a wire and that's how it gets them out. I don't have a camera here but it happened to my dad a while ago and he had the video. Here I have some photos of the bend wires.
1000126254.jpg
 
do any of you have advice for me on a scoly? its my first and as you can see its starting to pull away from its skeleton. i reached out to the seller and they didnt have any advice for me. ive had it about a month i think
Resized_20250106_152527_1736294301968.jpeg
Oh that is unfortunate. Sorry you're having this issue. My scoly started looking that way for a while, after being extremely healthy for a long time. I'd recommend flipping it over and checking for bristleworms or other pests. I pulled one out of the bottom of my scoly that was about 2 inches long. It has since made a compete recovery.

How often and what are you feeding it? Also, make sure it's not getting blasted by flow on that side.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new